You can type here any text you want

Help deciding boost gauge

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

iwantatta

Need some help deciding on what type of boost gauge for the TTA.

I understand that mechanical boost gauges are more accurate than electrical. Is their that much difference in them that it would be a factor? I'd like to have the peak/hold feature, but i don't believe there are any mechanical boost gauges that have that feature. Price difference isn't much of any issue for me either. I understand that the electrical's will be more expensive. Thanks Guys!!!

I dont think any one makes an electric boost guage only manual

best bet is autometer that reads vac/boost dont get the VDO that on reads boost. JMO thanks JD

Yep, my vote is the Autometer vac/boost as well. I had a Wastach electrical gauge...they make instruments for aircraft, and it was very finiky and was off anywhere from 0-5 lbs depending on how the wind was blowing each day..never could tell. So if an aircraft gauge builder can't get it right with an electric one, I don't think anyone can :D

jdsgnx said:
I dont think any one makes an electric boost guage only manual

best bet is autometer that reads vac/boost dont get the VDO that on reads boost. JMO thanks JD

From what i understand, autometer makes electrical boost gauges along with many others. They all seem to have the peak/hold feature but the mechanicals do not. I'm just curious how accurate people can get reading peak boost while they are driving and yet complain about the stock boost gauge not being accurate.

I'm definately planning to get a gauge that reads vac as well as boost.

Check out Eguages.com mention my name and they may give you a deal.
I got all my guages from there and they were the cheapest on the net.

chrisk said:
Check out Eguages.com mention my name and they may give you a deal.
I got all my guages from there and they were the cheapest on the net.

Cool!!! Thanks a lot. I'll take a look at that.

Back