You can type here any text you want

Help FAST file, data log file!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XxDarkSidexX

Banned
View attachment ideling warm small revs 5-21-08.zip

This is a first for me, so please bare with me. So I finally got my car running after 2 and half years! I got a FAST B2B unit and used a shared startup file to start her. She idels okay, a little high on the rpm side. I couldn't get the Actual AF to match the Target AF during idel, so if anyone could help me out with that, it would be great! I let her run up to normal operational temp according to FAST my china radiator works and is keeping the temps in the 150 range (it was about 98 degrees out when i did the data logging in my garage with the door open) and then I began data logging. My question is how does this idel look? I had emailed CAL and pm'ed so maybe he is just busy, that guy is all over the place helping others so I am not really tripping. But I am ready to change my tranny gasket/fluids and install my boost controller, when those are done I will go for my madien 1st drive! So can anyone take a look at my log and please feel free to comment or give any type of information in response to looking at my data log.

I will data log more if I need to, if my settings are way off or my file isn't looking normal here is some info for any FAST vender out there who can make a correct program to run before I hit the dyno!
Let the fun begin.....

235 motor
girdle
JE's
.010 over stock crank
stock rods
GN1's full port n polish, 1.55
matched port stock intake
razors dual alky
340 pump
83's inject.
36-3800 stall Art Car
T66 dbb
3.5" DP no exhuast yet but will run a dual 3" stainless setup

XxDarkSidexX

I hope I didn't leave anything out. Ideling with pump 91 only btw. no alky yet, single hotwired 340 in tank, stock fuel lines
i plan to run race feul for my dyno, so keep it in mind. My current file for idel isn't that bad.

But I definitly dont have a race fuel file yet, anyone will a race file and something close to my set up would be great!

ds

I had emailed CAL and pm'ed so maybe he is just busy, that guy is all over the place helping others so I am not really tripping.

I was in Maryland/DC all week without email access. I will be getting caught up on my emails tonight and will look over your program.

View attachment 50866

This is a first for me, so please bare with me. So I finally got my car running after 2 and half years! I got a FAST B2B unit and used a shared startup file to start her. She idels okay, a little high on the rpm side. I couldn't get the Actual AF to match the Target AF during idel, so if anyone could help me out with that, it would be great! I let her run up to normal operational temp according to FAST my china radiator works and is keeping the temps in the 150 range (it was about 98 degrees out when i did the data logging in my garage with the door open) and then I began data logging. My question is how does this idel look? I had emailed CAL and pm'ed so maybe he is just busy, that guy is all over the place helping others so I am not really tripping. But I am ready to change my tranny gasket/fluids and install my boost controller, when those are done I will go for my madien 1st drive! So can anyone take a look at my log and please feel free to comment or give any type of information in response to looking at my data log.

I will data log more if I need to, if my settings are way off or my file isn't looking normal here is some info for any FAST vender out there who can make a correct program to run before I hit the dyno!
Let the fun begin.....

235 motor
girdle
JE's
.010 over stock crank
stock rods
GN1's full port n polish, 1.55
matched port stock intake
razors dual alky
340 pump
83's inject.
36-3800 stall Art Car
T66 dbb
3.5" DP no exhuast yet but will run a dual 3" stainless setup

XxDarkSidexX

Mark those 83 pph injectors are much more than that 66 will ever need. Especially with the alky kit on there. I dont think that a single Walbro 340 will support the power that motor will make regardless of the injector size. I might be wrong but I would not gamble on that.

I dont think that a single Walbro 340 will support the power that motor will make regardless of the injector size. I might be wrong but I would not gamble on that.

I also agree with Reggie on this your fuel delivery system might be a little light with your combo.

Steve

Your tps looks like its set a bit high at 24 , you should tune your idle in gear for best results. I would aim for 13.8 to 14.2 in gear. Looks like your not in closed loop yet, as the correction is at zero so far. You left out the camshaft size, also. The pw looks about average for the size of the injector.

Generally you are looking for about 12.5 a/f the first few seconds after a cold start and about 13.0 about during the warmup phase, if it will idle that lean when cold. Remeber the amount of fuel required will be different for park compared to drive. If its lean in park 14.0 it will more likely stall in gear, if the ve map uses the same cell values, depending on how tight your converter is.

I'm sure Cal will tweak a few things for you once he sees your file. Reallly need to see some spooling data on the footbrake also

I was in Maryland/DC all week without email access. I will be getting caught up on my emails tonight and will look over your program.

yea like i said i definitly wasn't tripping on it, I knew you were busy! Any time you get were you could help is awsome! Thank you Cal for awsome CUSTOMER SERVICE and HONESTY. You sold it to me, gave me a FANTASTIC deal, come to cali to help local members yay! Do you have a brother?

DS

Mark those 83 pph injectors are much more than that 66 will ever need. I dont think that a single Walbro 340 will support the power that motor will make regardless of the injector size.

yea I went shopping for a trade 55's for 72's then some crazy mofo in a yellow truck gave me a better deal for newer 83's :) I was able to sell my 55's get 83's and get dinner, full tank of gas for the pri pri, and some cigs. Plus I got to see a father + son team history on the walls, quite impressive, true story.

I am not going for max power right away, I want to start low boost work my way up. This way I can data log everything, and closly monitor when she needs more pump. Or even just upgrade the lines n filters before looking at a double pump. Besides, I am more interested in traction then boost right now; and was my main goal before power. Im wondering what my 295's BFG's will hold anything lol. Well see, but I'm starting small and tuning my way up.

DS

I also agree with Reggie on this your fuel delivery system might be a little light with your combo.

Steve

dualy noted

DS

Your tps looks like its set a bit high at 24 , you should tune your idle in gear for best results. I would aim for 13.8 to 14.2 in gear. Looks like your not in closed loop yet, as the correction is at zero so far. You left out the camshaft size, also.

Generally you are looking for about 12.5 a/f the first few seconds after a cold start and about 13.0 about during the warmup phase, if it will idle that lean when cold. Remeber the amount of fuel required will be different for park compared to drive. If its lean in park 14.0 it will more likely stall in gear, if the ve map uses the same cell values, depending on how tight your converter is.

great! Yes definitly noticed the TPS values while data logging but just wanted a straight log of its current settings. Looking at my idel functions tables in 2d I saw they weren't that far off and probably could be fixed with a proper IAC and TPS adjustment.

the cam size is a flat tappet 218/218
36-3800 stall N code I think, A/C TQ, redone by Art through Don @ DRW, when I had my transmission gone through.

and yup I am running open loop mode. I actually have a question about that, as you replay the data log you see in the dash sections with "yellow" numbers (for example RPM MAP and INjDC), are those yellow because those are required to activate closed loop mode automatically?

DS

If the 83's do wind up too big, with the max duty cycle down at say 60-70%, you could drop your fuel pressure a few psi and change the injector size constant to match the "new" size. The lower pressure will let that pump deliver a little more volume at wot, and the pw at idle will get bigger so it might idle a little better.

You need to keep the injector opening time at least 1.0 ms. You are in the 1.5 ms range so it looks like you will be fine. From the looks of it, i bet your at 38 psi on the rail right now.

If the 83's do wind up too big, with the max duty cycle down at say 60-70%, you could drop your fuel pressure a few psi and change the injector size constant to match the "new" size. The lower pressure will let that pump deliver a little more volume at wot, and the pw at idle will get bigger so it might idle a little better.

good to know thanks!

You need to keep the injector opening time at least 1.0 ms. You are in the 1.5 ms range so it looks like you will be fine. From the looks of it, i bet your at 38 psi on the rail right now.

yea 37-38psi, right now great guess!

XxDarkSidexX: Give me a call today (321)722-1563

hey I called today at 3.17pm so I guess I missed you back east by a few minutes. I hope you got my voicemail, I will call you first thing in the morning on friday. Yea I'm just not sure if this program is good to go for an acutal drive yet, the car sounds scary! I put her in drive and tried to build boost but after 3500rpm I figured I will wait till I get a different program from you.

Thanks for the time Cal!
XxDarkSidexX

Back