You can type here any text you want

HELP! How do I disconnect Ant Motor?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1987Vader

Fade to Black!
Ok..I think the mast cable on the power antenna broke on my way home from work. Now...even when the car is not running the motor for the power antenna is. IT WON'T STOP and is killing my battery! Where is the power wire for the power ant? Or is there another way. I just want to stop it! I will deal with not having radio reception. Are the wires under the hood or under the pass. side dash? What color is it?

Thanks for any help.

ant

Plug is in the engine compament on the right rear side. Between the heater box an the fender. You can remove the antena in about 5 minutes.The bolt is in the right door jam. Two wires I can't remember the colors I could look tommarow. Mike

look for a three wire plug with white,black and green.....beside fan and fender,most likey have to fish out....the relay is between the glove box and pass kick behind dash....same wires on one plug,pink black and orange on other plug....unplug one there....

I can not thank you guys enough. I have disconnected the white,black, and green plug. I am guessing I have now disconnected all the power to my radio. If I want to have my radio, but not the antenna, I bet I have to find that relay under the dash.

Hey MickNick, I thought the antenna was a 'itch to get out. 5 Minutes? Don't I also have to open up the wheel well?

Thanks again you two! :)

look for a three wire plug with white,black and green.....beside fan and fender,most likey have to fish out....the relay is between the glove box and pass kick behind dash....same wires on one plug,pink black and orange on other plug....unplug one there....

Ok, so I pulled the kick panel and looked up behind the dash. I see many wires, but have not yet found the pink/black/orange plug connected to the white/black/green plug. Is it right behind the glove box or is it by the computer?

Thanks again.

Ok, so I pulled the kick panel and looked up behind the dash. I see many wires, but have not yet found the pink/black/orange plug connected to the white/black/green plug. Is it right behind the glove box or is it by the computer?

Thanks again.

Should be on the RHS of the glove box attached to the metal strip that runs across the bottom of the dash.

And pulling the plug under the hood should NOT disable the radio

Back