You can type here any text you want

Help ID a few wires on stock harness??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Squid4life

Been a whole since I messed with a harness. This one is being used to convert a buddy's hot air to intercooled. 87 GN harness. A few wires about a foot from the donut going into the car on the pass side. Look to be green and red.

Also have 4 wires that seem to come from the drivers side in front of the motor. Colors are shown, and it is grouped close to the red weatherpak connector going to the charcoal canister.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1427598674.603802.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1427598696.544700.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1427598715.189728.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1427598728.610043.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1427598636.685274.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1427598636.685274.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 87
James I'm pretty sure the first two wires run to a connector by the power antenna connector. Red one is the power wire to the high speed blower fan and the other one goes to the a/c pressure switch.

This is the first one I'm pretty sure. Oe config has a non sealed black connector there. Mine corroded and I lost hi speed blower fan so I converted it to metripack (which is unbelievably difficult to get terminals on the car side of the harness when in the car) and it took forever to find the problem because the service manual shows the wires but does NOT show there's a connector there!
image.jpg

For the second one, there's a lot of wires in that area and my harness is wrapped up pretty tight. But there's 4 wires that go to the a/c compressor, 2 are a flat connector like every other gm a/c clutch connector that everyone unplugs when it locks up, and 2 go to a pressure switch on the compressor. If it's not those then there's also connectors there for the IAT sensor, maf sensor, crank sensor, fan connector, etc. as well as the 2 connectors behind the alt for tach drive and fuel pump prime. Tell us what you don't have lol

The double green wire might fool you cause it goes to a lot of different places like it powers the hot side of a bunch of connectors

Back