You can type here any text you want

HELP lost my boost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jarredsoon

OK.

So I have a stock tta and decided to put a K & N airfilter on it, so I got one that fit onto the elbow and into the corner of the fender. I put it on.

So then I decided to put a breather on the valve cover on the drivers side. I removed the pipe and put a breather on the valve cover and took the pipe right off. the other end of the pipe goes into the inlet bell of the turbo so I put a cover on that.

NOw I can't get more than 5 lbs boost when WOT. WHat is going on. WHat did I do???

SO I take the breather off and re-attach the crank case vent pipe and hook it up between the valve cover and the turbo inlet bell, still no more than 5lbs boost.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.

It sounds like you have a leak somewhere...when I added my K&N my boost shot up several lbs and I needed to to get an ajustable waste gate actuator to turn it back down. Check the vacuum/boost solenoid hoses that go from the turbo and waste gate to the "Y" and then to the boost solenoid...I had a similar problem...they were all dried out and brittle. I bumped them and they just started to fall apart...I'd start there.

Well I checked the "Y" tubes and they all are ok. No cracks or tears, the car makes a very high piched sound when I let off the gas when test driving, not the usual sound it makes releasing the air. Is there a way to adjust the stock waste gate???
I am still confused. I did not do any real change to the car??? and I can't find anything wrong (although my skills are limited.) It seems to make power up to about 5lbs and the car can no longer accelerate and/or create more boost and boost just stays at 5.

sounds like the turbo went south.

sorry take off the inlet pipe and feel how much play is in the shaft.

let us know

JD

ok when I said I checked everything I forgot to tell you guys that I am blind and missed the obvious. THe hose clamp on the very bottom of the up pipe where it meets the intercooler was all the way OFF.... I put it on and tightened it and all is well now.

THanks guys, sorry I am such a rookie,

Jarred

ok when I said I checked everything I forgot to tell you guys that I am blind and missed the obvious. THe hose clamp on the very bottom of the up pipe where it meets the intercooler was all the way OFF.... I put it on and tightened it and all is well now.

THanks guys, sorry I am such a rookie,

Jarred

Figured it was something like that. :eek:

Back