You can type here any text you want

Help me build a budget suspension!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Adam Connell

Monster Truckin since 87'
Well, our new shop project is going to be a turbo regal... Not what you think though.

We are going to put a 5.3l Chevy v8 in a regular N/A regal with a Mp 70 or Mp76 and shoot for low 10s. This car is being done on a "cheap as friggen possible" budget just to see what we can do.

The reason why we picked the regal was because of the ease of the EFI swap and my familiarity with my GN and how many aftermarket parts are out there for making these things go really fast.

So, what would a budget rear suspension setup look like?

Im thinking some sort of big sway bar, upper and lower control arms, good springs and shocks and call it a day? I will most likely notch the rear end so we can run a larger tire, and so I can see what I PITA it's going to be to do to my GN...

For the front: I have no idea... I know what I am going to do with my GN, but the key word here is "budget". What is mandatory for the front?

Now, we are not cheaping out on any of the safety stuff... just seeing how fast we can go for how little...

Oh and the car will be street legal! :biggrin:

So what do I need to make this car go straight??

HR bar and umi arms for rear
Front cut the inner supports down inside the bumper for weight loss

H&R rear bar and check out Dick miller racing-he has excellant suspension advice.

IMO here is some things I would change.... first of all I would use a s400 turbo so later on if you step up some motor wise you will still be able to use it.

Now for the rear end I would buy the new baseline suspension 8.8 ford rear axle swap kit and use the ford axle. Then put in a weld in style sway bar IMO it will still be streetable this way.

absolute cheapest.. box the factory arms, stock springs and a ce shock unless $$$ permits and go with a strange adjustable shock front/rear and also if $$$ permits use a weld in anti-roll bar or go cheap and find the biggest possible diameter sway bar that bolts in factory style, heck maybe try and bolt in 2 sway bars to double the stiffness.

Back