help me get low 9s (highpsi maybe)

Big_D

I need some help and advice please. I have a virgin 4.1 stage 2 block and want to go low 9's.
I was wondering what cam shaft is ideal, along with what compression. I have pt76 and love the quick spool I get, so I would like it to stay aboard.
Should I have the block 0 decked?
I have a gridle laying around would it be overkil?

thanks For the help

Big D,

Please tell me more about your car before I can give you a list of parts to pick up!

You do not need a girdle on a stage block.

What does your car weigh?
What size tire will you run?
What transmission?

Hook us up with some more info please! :cool:

John the car has all it's air and power everything, I haven't weighed it, but I imgine that it is around 3600 pounds with my 300lbs in it. I have 28" X 10.5" ET Drags.
The car still has a built 200(3000 stall vigilante, I think) in it, but may be getting treated to a 400 soon.
I have a set of ported MNA aluminum heads for it, precision front mount.
I appreciate any advice thanks

Originally posted by Big_D
John the car has all it's air and power everything, I haven't weighed it, but I imgine that it is around 3600 pounds with my 300lbs in it. I have 28" X 10.5" ET Drags.
The car still has a built 200(3000 stall vigilante, I think) in it, but may be getting treated to a 400 soon.
I have a set of ported MNA aluminum heads for it, precision front mount.
I appreciate any advice thanks

For the intake you should try to get a BG Unit.
The other option is a M&A Intake that should
be in the process of being reproduced by TA.

If you stay with the turbo you should upgrade to a
3.5 to 4inch DP. BTW the newwe smaller turbos will
make more power and spool better.
You will need headers if you are going to open up the exhaust port on the heads. The ATRs seem to leak less than the others.

Go with a billet hyd roller in the 230s @.50 and about 550 to 600 lift.

For fuel the big Aeromotive or the Weldon 2015 should do the trick. The 83lbs injectors might work but I would go with the 95s.