Help me pick a turbo for 100% street driven car

TA 49 is a great turbo, especially since it's stealthy! It is stock appearing and will spool fairly well with the stock D5 converter.

our set ups are similar ,hard to beat the little 44 ,just ran a very easy 11.4 ,drives great around town,my converter tho is a 2800 dusty.

I don't have the cam you have but is that 2800 a 10 inch or 9 inch Converter and is it a L/U or N/L Converter?? With an 11.4 I would take that and be happy with it for sure.:cool:

I don't have the cam you have but is that 2800 a 10 inch or 9 inch Converter and is it a L/U or N/L Converter?? With an 11.4 I would take that and be happy with it for sure.:cool:

What cam do you have? Or better yet......what rpm do you shift at?

i just swapped out my ta-49 to a pt54 and im sure ive got a ton of tuning to do but the ta-49 is an awsome turbo spools super fast my pt54 feels like a dog compared to the ta49... if your interested im gonna be selling the a49 if your on a budget..

Thanks for the offer but I just ordered a journal bearing 5857 billet wheel today. And if I feel it needs a converter I guess I'll have to do it down the road

If it performs better than my 60-57 As the person above posted you will be really happy with it.

The car has always been sluggish in 1st Gear except when I had 3.73 gear's put in.Im thinking that I should have the 3.42's in and bought a good converter.I don't know if it is because of the 009's or lack of converter.I don't have the typical style console shifter.My shifter is that old style type near the top of the streering wheel so I don't like shifting.Its alot harder to shift with that old style shifter.My regal is the limited version.I like it but i wish it never came with the moon roof(broken) and shifter.Sometimes I will keep it in 2nd gear and try to shift it but its not easy shifting.