help me with my racetrack game plan!

KillrV6

Former owner
heres the scoop.

going to the track next saturday, the 25th.
im borrowing some nitto DR's.
filling up with 114 octane.
i have a known problem with the timing jumping up a tad after
it is suposto be lower for higher RPM, so i cant run as much boost or timing as most people can w/ 114 octane.

what do you think i will be faster with, more boost or more timing?

im thinking its going to come down to either 19 PSI w/ highr timing or 21 PSI with lower timing.

this is the stock turbo.

with my combo, on the Nitto DRs, do you think i can hit 12's like this?

here is my combo: stock turbo, stock intercooler.
3 inch stainless down pipe, LT1 valve springs, 009 injectors, all the fuel system mods, MAF translator plus, extender chip, K&N filter on end of MAF.

rear suspension mods consist of KYB shocks, stock springs and pinion snubber.

PS: i have a dump i can open, but the car feels like it has more torque through the muffs.

If you can get it to hook, and it's running up to it's potential (Good tune, maintainance done, etc.) then probably... Oh and with the exaust setup in your sig I'd try it through the mufflers first, and open the dump second (I don't think you'll pick up much with the dump open)

Your engine is definitely capable as-is of some 12-sec timeslips.

Don't put too much pressure on yourself...get familiar with it at the track, make small incremental changes in tune, tire pressures, launch techniques, etcetera.

You'll get there soon...take your time...it'll happen! :)

thanks for the quick response guys!

this whole thread happened in like 5 minutes lol

im not going anywhere w/o traction!

last night on 18 PSI and 19 *'s of timing, 235 BFG
i raced a white 5.0 with heads, cam, flywheel and 373 gears.
i ROASTED through 1st and 2nd, and he got a car out on me and it stayed that way the whole time. he hooked on the launch.

just shows the importance of traction