help me with new name for used car lot please

My father in law has a lot I believe it is about 75 cars, His is called SOLO AUTO SALES because it used to be just him.A while back he was going to change the name to SO-LOW but didn't.

Shucks! My favorite; Music City Motors is taken :(

Dang! Affordable Auto Sales is too! :confused:

How about: Autos by (Surname) or Autos by Brian? That would break all ties to the previous shysters. :D

Good Luck! - Jimmy

Originally posted by John Larkin
What auctions do you go to? I sell in Indy for Chrysler. 1ARUNEM is ok; he doesn't need me defense but he is involved in the wholesale business as a vendor. I have no retail experience myself because I am not a good "salesperson", I just know wholesale pretty good.

What do you sell, buy-here pay-here? high line? late-model? It'd be nice to know before speculating a guess. I have a few ideas.
Hey man..Ive been to indy before..only been there twice..was cold as hell too..like a 4.5hour drive for me..I mostly go to louisville auto auction actually in indiana & lexington ky & chattanooga,tn..other guys go to memphis,tn & lil rock ar. I like lil rock but at 5.5-6 hr drive gets tiring every week..but alot of deals on trucks there..last time in Indy I bought 2 but havent been there in about a year..I buy mostly 96-2001 cars,trucks & utilities..I dont tote the note just bank financing only..
1ARUNEM..>> No problem man..no offense taken..what is it that you do & where you located at? I sale only my stuff mostly..guys that buy through me almost strictly wholesale..my lots not all that big to hold many cars anyways..40 cars & you cant hardly get through it..
Im gonna change my colors & name all at the same time..
nisnutz..>>>I kinda like so-low auto sales..different for sure..
Chucck..>>> that was my first name but dangit its taken..darn darn darn!!!
Thanks for all the help..keep the good ideas coming..

Might consider working your last name into somehow. Inspires trust when you put your name on your business and people will learn that YOU are the one to go to. Having your name in there is like having a verbal business card when people talk about you. Your name in the business name will make you and the business memorable. You never know what your business could grow into over time, your last name will grow with you easier than a strictly gimmick name. "Henderson Auto" might one day be "Henderson Buick" or something like that. That way your previous customers will know it's you at the new place too, and you don't have to start over building a reputation from scratch.

Just my .02, but I'm not in the car business.

Maybe Nashville Motors, or go with the A&(some other initial ) Motors. You could use a local sports team in your name

Do the wrong spelling thing:The Kar Korner, Kars Inc., Kars for u, The Kar store
OR
Millhouse Motors-a name Nixon would like.

Don't worry about a name, just have vettepet hold a sign that says get your ass in here :D

Rick (aka norm & trnnbrn)

IMO there is too much emphasis in car advertising on service. I'm on hold with dealerships regularly and their message is always the same: "We will treat you right". Duh, you are supposed to treat your customers right; that should not need to be the basis of a sales point. Trust should be sold after the customer arrives though we all know it is a stumbling block in the car business. Franchise dealers get the benefit of the factory name and it's implied reputation on their sign.

Bottom line is car purchases come down to three things: value, style or a combination of both. Therefore, I believe that to entice folks to enter your business, these 3 things should be in the message they receive from your name.

Best Value Vehicles, Nu-look Cars, The Trade-in Outlet, Priced Right Trucks, Happy New Owner Vehicles (sounds like a bad Japanese TV show):D. Those are a few ideas of mine.

Wow some of you guys gave him a big song & dance about his buisness? All he wants is some names.:rolleyes:

Here Ya go National a few to ponder.

-The New Guy -
Wholesale Auto Sales.

The AUTO MAN

CAR TOWN

CAR NATION

Auto Nation

ACE VENTURA'S AUTO SALES

National Auto Sales

Turbo Zone - Auto Sales