You can type here any text you want

Help mounting a Extreme FMIC from GN1

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
I am having the hardest time mounting this IC , I can get it up to the holes to mount but it will not go back enough to line up . I took off that bracket under where the hood latches . Any words of help would be greatly appreciated or call 662-419-0626 , Thanks Keith

I just mounted the same one with little trouble. I also removed that support part off and used a small car jack to lift the cooler into place in order to line it up. Are you using the right holes that originally have clips to bolt in 10mm bolts? Once you remove the clips the holes are accessible.

I am using the holes that are 11 " apart thats in the instructions . I cant get it back far enough . We done alot on the car today and was really tired when we started on the cooler . Gonna try tomorrow . Thank You Keith

have you tried asking the seller (gn1perf ) ? that should have been the first place to ask

after the bracket is removed at top center bend the tab back into the rad suport , also might need to unclip the wire harness
dont know if the stud bosses are centered (front to back) on the top plate on the gn1 but if they arent centered maybe you have it turned around.. stud bosses should be closest to radiator

Damn... I read all these posts about people having troubles mounting the various brands of FMIC.

EXCEPT for the RJC FMIC. Fits like a glove!

Hardest part of the RJC FMIC installation is removing the original SLIC. That & maybe raising the front of the car high enough to slip that RJC under the front bumper.

Back