You can type here any text you want

Help . . . My Gn Died

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tech69

I need help as soon as possible. I was driving on the highway doing 45 MPH when suddenly
I heard a pop underneath liked I have ran over something, then when I looked at my rear view
mirror and saw light gray smoke. I was just lucky enough to pull to the side before I got
ran over by speeding motorist.
I opened the hood and did not see any smoke nor smell anything burnt.
I am posting this national so I could get a diverse answer and assist me in evaluating the
problem.
I am thanking you in advance for any assistance you could provide.

Manny

:confused:

Sounds like you may have blown 1 of your intercooler hoses off.
Will it start and run at all?

Well you need to see if it is locked up,try to put a socket on the crank bolt and try to rotate the engine by hand.If all is good there check the fly wheel and the starter for missing teeth or maby the fly wheel has broke.

My gn's dead

Not catching, Does that mean the engine turns over but doesn't start or the starter doesn't engage the fly wheel? If the engine turns over but really easy, you broke the timing chain( I mean REALLY easy, no compression) that would explain the smoke, the crank would still spin, some of the exhaust valves would be open and it would suck oil ( no seals on exhaust valves) I hope I'm wrong,but if not replacing the timing chain is fun;)

Pulled out the crankshaft and found three teeth gears broken. The caused was frozen oil pump. I don't know if I caused the problem by putting an oil additive after changed of oil two weeks ago.

Back