You can type here any text you want

Help.. need pixs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Need pixs of a stock TTA charcoal cannister mounting and hose routing. I'm trying to put the charcoal cannister back in.. hoses are not long enough.. and plug wont go into solenoid.

Also looking to see where the factory location of the check valve is.. one on the hose leading from the metal tube on the intake to the charcoal cannister.

Any air box pixs would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Julio

Hi Julio. I will take some shots of my car's setup. It may take a few days before I can get back to you.

Not sure if these will help but they are from a very low milage TTA, I'll see what else I might have

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 160
  • Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Pic3.jpg
    Pic3.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 158
I just realized the stock TTA cannister is different than the GN cannister. Actually the TTA cannister is the same as the 3rd gen cannisters.

Now on the TTA there is a check valve that leads from the intake metal tube to the port on the cannister. Is that typically located by the cruise control? Or closer to the intake?

And of the cannister there is a thicker hose that goes to the fuel tank. I belive there is some kind of valve assembly on it as well. The container I sourced for mine had it.. I mounted it behind the cruise.. just wondering exact placement.

Jan.. thanks for the pixs.

Julio

Here's a pic of the check valve in the smaller hose that connects at the very top of the assembly on the canister, other end connects to metal vac tube from plenum that runs across the front under the TB. The check valve is directly beside the power steering resourvior.
The other bigger hose on the canister goes down beside the canister and has a "Y" in it with a little tube coming off of it...can't tell where either of them go.

Attachments

• DSC04159.JPG
    DSC04159.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 114
Purge can

Hi,
Well, I took some photos of my stock setup, but I see others have beat me to it. I can concur about the check valve location, mine is right there in the a/c line nest behind the compressor also. Regarding the cannister,it is the same as that which is on my '86 Firebird ,I think. Purge control valve is removable from the cannister, isn't it? sounds like you have it under control. Good luck with the retrofit.

Hi,
I took another look at Jan's photos, and I have mine in a slightly different location than his, but then my hose is not OE either, which probably accounts for the relocation. My car has 100K +, and that hose was badly rotted, so I think I changed it a couple of years back. As a matter of fact, I remember changing a hose there, because I had a problem with the air cleaner can, and had to weld a broken bracket, so noticed the rotten hose, and replaced same.
Regarding a check valve back to the tank, isn't there one AT THE TANK?Vapor is supposed to flow out of the fuel tank, into the cannister, where it is stored until the next purge cycle.That's my understanding of the system, anyway.
Last, but not least, I had earlier stated that I thought the cannisters of '86 and '89 vehicles were the same, but I did some homework,and the two model years have different part numbers.Also,it appears that the purge valves are integral to the cannister.
I feel better now that I have clarified things, to the best of my knowledge and research, anyway. Once again, good luck with the retrofit.

Hi,
I took another look at Jan's photos, and I have mine in a slightly different location than his, but then my hose is not OE either, which probably accounts for the relocation. My car has 100K +, and that hose was badly rotted, so I think I changed it a couple of years back. As a matter of fact, I remember changing a hose there, because I had a problem with the air cleaner can, and had to weld a broken bracket, so noticed the rotten hose, and replaced same.
Regarding a check valve back to the tank, isn't there one AT THE TANK?Vapor is supposed to flow out of the fuel tank, into the cannister, where it is stored until the next purge cycle.That's my understanding of the system, anyway.
Last, but not least, I had earlier stated that I thought the cannisters of '86 and '89 vehicles were the same, but I did some homework,and the two model years have different part numbers.Also,it appears that the purge valves are integral to the cannister.
I feel better now that I have clarified things, to the best of my knowledge and research, anyway. Once again, good luck with the retrofit.

Those photos I posted are of a very very low milage untouched TTA (even got the sticker on one of the hoses) so not of my 105k mile TTA

Back