You can type here any text you want

Help! Need 'Rust Free' Classified Ads from S.E. States

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UndercoverTurbo

Hi,

I posted this in the lounge, then i saw this board and thought it would make sense to post here too.

My Buick just has way too much rust for me to contend with and after giving it
much thought I finally decided that I am going to swap my 87 T's power train into
a Monte Carlo (preferably a '78 or '79) from some where below the rust belt (I'm
up in Boston).

Now I don't expect any one to go looking for a Monte for me (although all help is
appreciated (o: ) but what I do need help with is finding the name of local
'classified' publications in eastern states (WV, VA, NC, SC, TN, GA, etc..) where
people sell their cars, TVs, furniture, boats, etc. (up here we have one that comes
out weekly called "The Want-ADvertiser").

My plan is to subscribe to these publications in an effort to find a relatively cheap
78-79 rust free Monte with a straight body (I don't care about power train, paint,
suspension or interior). When I see something I like I'll take a trip down to make
sure it'll work for this project and then I'll figure out transportation some how.

So, if any members out there from south eastern states could forward me the
names and any contact info you might have for such publications I would be very
grateful..... and if you know of a Monte for sale that would be a bonus!

Thanks in advance!!
Ian

I happened to get a auto trader this week and here is what there is around Charlotte.

88 Monte SS $6750 obo
86 SS 101k $5500 OBO
84 SS 95K $3995 obo
80 Monte $3900 obo
79 Impala Race car (looks like old NASCAR stock car) $2800
77 Monte 92K $1750 obo
73 Monte Landau 120K $4500 obo

Sully

88 Monte Carlo SS

I have a 88 monte SS I will sell you. It can be driven home with no problems. I have the 88 SS and a 87 SS and my 87 GN. I have too many cars and really don't need the 88 SS anymore. I live in Alabama so the car is not a rust bucket, but it will need painting. Its black with tan interior. I took out the 305 and put in a 350 and a TH350 trans. Let me know if your interested.

Back