You can type here any text you want

Help!!!!need To Set Base Timing On Xfi

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

EVIL87

I NEED HELP SETTING BASE TIMING ON MY XFI. ANY ADVICE?
I GET MIXED ADVICE. SHOULD THE TIMING LIGHT MATCH THE XFI SCREEN?:confused:

You need to put a timing light on the car and make sure it matches your actual timing on the XFI. I received your message yesterday and will call you this morning to explain in further detail.

I NEED HELP SETTING BASE TIMING ON MY XFI. ANY ADVICE?
I GET MIXED ADVICE. SHOULD THE TIMING LIGHT MATCH THE XFI SCREEN?:confused:

Cal will get you straight... but yes... it should match.

You'll have to go temporarily zero out any timing corrections the FAST is doing and then verify what is on the screen matches with your timing light......much easier with a dial back light.....

Like I said.... get with Cal. He will hook you up.

You'll have to go temporarily zero out any timing corrections the FAST is doing and then verify what is on the screen matches with your timing light......much easier with a dial back light.

I've been working with FAST on some changes. One of the changes will make setting the timing much easier. Stay tuned :wink:

it'd definitely be nice to have a timing lock feature like the GEN7, but you can definitely duplicate it by changing a couple of tables up. Just sucks to have to change them back, yes?

Yes it can be set by zeroing out the idle timing trim and ATS spark offset and then locking the timing in the Spark table. Then when you finish, you have to reload them. A "Set Timing" box would be much nicer.

I'm trying to set/verify timing myself details 86 gn xfi system and stock ignition. I marked the bhj balancer at "0" and a line to the left of it "25 btdc" I forced the values of 25 degrees in the timing/spark table and in the ats/table it's at 0 because the car is at operating temp and the timing offset feature was at "4" and I zeroed that out. with the car running at about 1k rpm I have to dial the timing light 58 degrees plus or minus 1 to get the "0" mark on the balancer to be under the peep hole in the timing indicator bolted to the timing cover. Does this sound correct ? or am I missing something ?

Make sure you aren't trying to "zero" it to the 25ATDC mark used for setting the cam sensor. With a stock waste-spark ignition, some timing lights will read double. If this is the case, then your timing is 58/2 or 29 degrees. You will need to change your CRA by 4 degrees

Back