You can type here any text you want

Help No Fuel Pressure

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DaveyX87

I just installed a Racetronix G7 sender/Turbine Tech 255LPH fuel pump combo and I can't get fuel pressure. I made sure I put the hoses on correctly. I put about 6 gallons of fuel back in. I turned the key and can hear the pump prime. I really think I did everything right but I cant seem to get any fuel pressure. I took off the fuel filter to see if gas would come out of the line when it primed but not a drop. I dropped the tank again and checked for kinks or pinched lines but all was perfect. I tried swapping relays. I kept priming it over and over. I tried cranking it and still no pressure. I don't know what else it could be other than a defective unit. I can hear it prime. I have the hoses on correctly where they go. Its like the pump isn't picking up fuel. Maybe I should add more gas?

Pump may be spinning backwards. Verify and swap the wires at the connector outside the tank.

No. Pull them out of the connector and swap there.

Ok, so the pump was spinning backwards. I jumped the pump with a 12 volt power source. When I reversed the wires it immediately pushed fuel into the lines. I tried starting the car and it would only run for a few seconds. I think the pump is defective. I'm really frustrated.

More likely you are seeing the psi jump w/ the prime cycle, and the pump is not continuing to run in the run position...
Change the wires to the correct position, then use the jump connector behind the olt to keep it running. A spade connector and a jump wire hooked to the alt will keep the pump running.
There are 2 connectors, blk and green. The green is a tach signal source. DO NOT attempt to hook them together.

No psi jump on the prime cycle. It only went up when I jumped the pump at the plug with a 12 volt source. I don't think I should have reversed the polarity at the plug. I should have pulled the pump back out and reversed the two wires going to the pump. I might have shorted something out. I popped the 20 amp fuse on the hotwire harness.

Running the pump dry for extended periods can cause damage.

Now . . I hate giving bad advice . . . :mad: . . . So if the pump damage was the result of my advice, pm me with the cost of the pump and I will accept responsibility.

Swapping the wires at the connector put the +12v to ground which would pop the fuse . Not a big deal that's what fuses are for , short circuit protection . Swap the wires at the pump , replace the fuse and should be good to go . Monitor fuel pressure afterwards .
Running the pump dry for extended periods can cause damage.

Now . . I hate giving bad advice . . . :mad: . . . So if the pump damage was the result of my advice, pm me with the cost of the pump and I will accept responsibility.
I don't think it was running dry , it was still submerged , not as bad as no fuel at all and it wasn't for a prolonged period . Good Luck Sam

I took the pump out and reversed the wires at the plug. Everything is working fine now. It's frustrating that they assembled it with the wires backwards. Thanks for your guys' help on this.

Back