You can type here any text you want

help please

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BADINBLACK6

TTA all stock only has 62 miles on it. Been sitting in warehouse for 13 yrs. Would not star replaced fuel pump now car starts and runs but when it warms up it will not restart. The engine cranks fine it just won't start. Any ideas please?

Update on problem. The car runs for like 10 mins and then dies and you can't restart it until it cools down. My problem is the car is in Missouri in my uncle's warehouse so I can't try anything myself. Are the injectors on a TTA the same as the grand national. I have an extra set of GN injectors that I can put on the TTA if they fit and if the injectors are part of the problem. Could it be the fuel reg.? Or just a bad fuel filter? What would make the car just die?TIA

This is what happens when you let cars sit for years. Stuff rots, dries out, shrinks, etc. I feel bad for all these ultra-low mileage cars suffering from "storage rot" :(

My car had a similar case (parked for ~6 years) but nothing too bad. All fixed now and on the road with 0 problems!

Just wait until you get the thing back on the road, and find that over time from lack of use that all the seals have shrunk and now you're leaking oil/tranny fluid/rear end fluid, the A/C is dry and doesn't work, and on, and on. :(

First thing I would do before proceeding is change ALL the fluids, flushing where appropriate. I mean ALL of them! Oil and filter, tranny fluid and filter, p/s fluid, brake fluid, coolant, rear end fluid.

If the car had gas in the tank it has probably turned to varnish by now, which means the tank, sock, pump, filter, lines, injectors, and regulator are all gummed up. They need to either be replaced or removed and flushed. Not a fun job!

I believe the TTA injectors are larger than the GN injectors, someone correct me if I am wrong.

It's really hard to say what's wrong with the car without actually seeing it... Does it have a fresh battery?

Back