You can type here any text you want

Help...test driving the TTA now it's sputtering?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scott89TTA

Took the TTA out today for a test drive and to check my numbers and adjust the TV cable...at 1st seemed to be running fine but then started to sputter. Now it will barely run...there are no mal codes on the scanmaster but it has no power at all...don't seem to be any vacuum leaks anywhere that I can find. Fuel pressure is 43-44 with let vacuum line off and about 37-38 on...BL is on the low side at idle ~116 +/- but seem to come up to 128 while driving, TPS 42, IAC 16. A ny idea of what's going on and what should I check? I thought the trans was acting up at 1st because it started to buck...down shift upshift but then realized the motor was sputtering and almost cutting out.

Thanks,
Scott

Put the TV cable back the way it was before it started acting up. It may be far enough out of adjustment that it's locking your converter up prematurely.

didn't notice any smoke but again wasn't looking...I set the TV cable to the factory setting and then added 1 click since it seemed to hold shifts a little long. It seemed to improve shifting. The engine is sputtering...1st was intermitent and then slowly became constant...would not go over 30mph. I'm thinking maybe the coil pack/module is going south. Jeff from the other board thinks the O2 sensor is going...this sucks the night before Anderson's.

Scott

thought about that too but no codes...the O2 is not going above 450 after warming up...before it was jumping all over the place now it just sits steady ~380-420...450 at the most. Just got back from the auto parts store with a new O2 so will give that a shot...it still had the original O2 in it...the tired old O2 probably didn't like the new setup and the spray of ALKY ?

-Scott

new O2 sensor installed...now O2's are around 850+/- warm idle. Still breaking down and sputtering :mad:

Scanmaster numbers at idle and warm...
O2: 867
AF: 09
LB: 64
BAT: 13.5
INT: 128
BL: 115
CLT: 175
ATS: 130
R: 850
TPS: .42
IAC: 17
CC: 199
MAL: 00

Fuel Pressure: 35 (43 vacuum line off)
VAC: 19

now what?

Is your fuel pressure consistent as you rev it up? I had an '88 IROC that was doing the same thing. Turned out the fuel pump was taking a dump but would only do it once the car had run a little bit.

Is your fuel pressure consistent as you rev it up? I had an '88 IROC that was doing the same thing. Turned out the fuel pump was taking a dump but would only do it once the car had run a little bit.

fuel pump is brand new...fuel pressure holding steady.

TPS sensor connected? Mine did that when I had it barely connected, but "looked" connected. Good luck.

MAF maybe took a dump :confused:

Time to try a known good MAF, just for grins :)

looking that way...unplugged the MAF and it seemed to smooth out and run better and reved up without breaking down. Plugged it back in and knocked on the side of the MAF and it would nearly stall...moved it around and the idle would go up and down. I borrowed a working MAF from a friend's GN today and am going to give it a try shortly. Was at the MAGNA Anderson Performance meet today and Billy pretty sure the MAF was bad from what I told him. We will see...

-Scott

need my address to send me a prize :p :biggrin:

yeah...:biggrin:

car is running great...a little rich as O2's are around 820-840 at WOT but 20lbs with dump closed and 25lbs with dump open and no knock...wow I love RAZORS ALKY kit !!!

now I need to get a new MAF...going to go with Translator and LT1 or LS1 MAF...which one do I want ?

all my plumbing is 3"...

3" Impala MAF or...
FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Item Description Page

3.5" LS1 MAF?
FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Item Description Page

Back