You can type here any text you want

help timeing chain trouble

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

EZE

hey guys well ive done it again i took the cam and crank gear of with the timeing chain and then had some metal in my vally so i deside to turn the cam and now i have no clue where im at how do i put this thing back together with confidence please help thanks asap i need my car back 84 buick t type also i had some weird peices of metal in my vally and pan about 3 snap ring clips about the size of a penny and a broken peice of mettal like a wedding band shape and size got any ideas doest even look like it gos to my moter thanks eric

sounds like some lifter pieces, they sure would not get pumped up there through the engine. Sounds like you need some other things done before you worry about where your cam is. Post pics.:cool:

yeah i know but everything looks good up top no signs of trouble

My concern would be Metal Circulation through the whole engine. Believe me it won't last as this has destroyed many an engine, been there and experienced it personally. Same with the oil cooler in the radiator, not flushable. I'd pull the engine and go through it completely, flushing all the oil galleys, replace the in rad cooler. Engine set up is critical to longevity as well as performance. I'm only offering some tried procedures that worked for me in the past and not trying to sound too negative. MHO Gene

lol thats cool well everythings torn down i have this thing striped to the block i was in the middle of doing rod and main bearings when i deside to paint my block and intake so i tore it all down plus i wanted to hunt for the metal i couldnt find but i did so any idea what else these pecies are also any tips on the timeing chaind problem thanks

Back