You can type here any text you want

Help, tuning issues.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

foxspy

Hey guys,

I tuned my setup w/ the inlet air temp sensor not plugged in, and it runs pretty good, but when it's cold out, it runs rough. So I plugged in the sensor today and started to play w/ the VE map. When I plugged the sensor in, eveything leaned out, I had to add about 11% to get the 02 correction down to where it should be. Now, after driving around for awhile, the numbers kept fluctuating, sometimes I would need 0% O2 correction, then I would need 15% at the same RPM and same MAP (kpa).

When the air temp goes up, the engine needs more fuel, right? When you guys tuned yours, what are your ATS enrichment #s?? It was pretty cold out today, so I don't know if I'm tuning w/ it at a certain temp, then I stop for 5 minutes and the temp changes that much for the air/fuel ratio to be way off. If I have the air temp enrichment at 0% all the way across the board, does the sensor still have a role in the amount of fuel the motor gets??

I'm puzzled on what to do. Any tips and/or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

its very important to get the sensor to read the actuall temperature of the air going into the motor. It effects everything, i am afraid you will have to redo your fuel map over. I would think there are calculations applied in the fueling vs. air temperature, based on this sensor. If you look at the manual it says to zero the air temp table, since its calculated in the ecm.

Back