You can type here any text you want

Help with brake setup

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HotAirGN

I am hoping to gather some information regarding my brake setup. My car has upgraded disk on the front with ssbc dual piston calipers. On the rear I have installed a wilwood disc break setup. I have a new powermaster but somehow ended up purchasing a master cylinder from strange that only works with manual breaks. Should I just finish converting to a manual setup or buy a new master cylinder and finish my powermaster.

I am hoping to gather some information regarding my brake setup. My car has upgraded disk on the front with ssbc dual piston calipers. On the rear I have installed a wilwood disc break setup. I have a new powermaster but somehow ended up purchasing a master cylinder from strange that only works with manual breaks. Should I just finish converting to a manual setup or buy a new master cylinder and finish my powermaster.

With all the problems you always hear about with the Powermaster I'd either go manual, vacuum, or hydroboost. Personally, I think hydroboost is the way to go with any turbo car. My car has vacuum brakes now but I picked up a complete '84 TR hydroboost assembly in Bowling Green. I'm going to see how well it cleans up and throw it on my car to see how well it works. If it doesn't work I'll just use it as a core to exchange for a remanufactured unit. Either way, I only paid $5.00 for the whole setup because the guy didn't want to load it back in his trailer so I can't possibly lose any money on it.

Yep, go hydroBoost! Not from PowerBreakBob though. From the parts store.

I seem to have my term wrong. The regal that has this brake system is a 1982 that originally had a 3.8. It is a vacuum system that Im trying to upgrade. Can anyone recommend me a new performance master cylinder?

Back