Help with Del co Concert Sound II unit

blckdrgn1987

11.78 @129
I have seen on Ebay someone listing GM Concert Sound II head units with the MP3 jack installed. There are none currently listed and I want to get one or if anyone repairs or knows of someone that can repair my unit. Tape deck not working, I think I have lost the right side speakers, transistor mentioned in main thread I think is bad (I have the battery drain after it sits for awhile) and I would like the MP3 jack added. I have thought of replacing the unit but I just like that original look and I have a great George Thorogood tape that sounds good when all is working well.

Thanks

Geoff

I installed my own: http://www.eurosportvr.com/ Click on this link at the bottom of the page, "DIY GM Delco AUX input instructions". It's an ambitious project. If you lost some speakers the amp is probably going bad inside the radio and it's more cost effective to replace the radio first than try to fix that. Mine lost a couple itself so I just use it for left and right since I only run door and dash speakers now. You can also get one of the add-on FM modulator type MP3 connectors and just run the wire from under the dash.

My factory head unit seems to be losing right side completely. The sound from front and rear right side is considerably lower than the left. Does that sound like a head unit problem to you and also do you recomend anyone to fix factory radios?