You can type here any text you want

Help with install of Wolfe bar wont clear tail pipes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KILL4PEACEUSMC

Team Infidel
Hi, I bought a Wolfe anti-roll bar from a fellow board member, but now I see that having ATR 3" over the axle dual exhaust next to impossible to install this setup. So I got on their web site and did a little digging and under FAQ I found this helpful hint: Can I run full exhaust with a Wolfe Race Craft Sway Bar?

Yes, you can. Some cutting and re-welding will be necessary. We have seen 3" exhaust installed with our sway bar on both a Mustang and a Buick GN. What normally has to happen is your exhaust will have to be cut and twisted to clear the sway bar and then rewelded. This may require multiple cuts to fit properly, but it can be done.

Im not sure I want to butcher up my killer exhaust system. Any sugestions??

Thanks

Any sugestions??
Thanks

Sell it and get an H&R bar...I have one on my GN with a 3" ATR exhaust system...and NO fitment problem at all! :D I don't think that Wolfe bars are meant to be used with most exhaust systems unless you cut them apart in multiple places...:frown:...they're mostly designed for race-only cars...

Claude :redface:

yea, they are more of a "conventional" style of bar, like an actual sway bar that mounts under the diff. I have been looking into that as well....Thanks!

I am running the same wolf racecraft bar and i am gonna dump the exhaust before the rear under the car,had the h&r bar,the wolf bar looks to be a little more of a heavy duty/race bar.Ill post a picture next week,going on a little vac.this week....

Cut the exhaust and make it work. I have a 3" system and it clears the Wolfe bar perfectly with some tweaking. I know I could easily fit a 3.5" system over the diff with this bar as well. Unfortunately I have no pics.

Back