You can type here any text you want

help with picking pistons , rods and bearings for stroker

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo john FL

ITS ONLY A SIX SHOOTER
thanks in advance im hoping some engine builders will jump in here :)

im wanting to build a stroker but want to know what to use . k1 rods , scat rods ? je pistons or diamond

and best bearings thanks , JOHn

Buy it as a kit from one of the vendors. Most of them will help you figure out what you want to go with. If you piece it together then you may have fitment issues.

i see different vendors have different set ups like gn1 is using scat rods with je pistons , full throtlle uses k1 rods and diamond pistons , so kinda curious if one setup is better then another

All of those are good parts. I doubt you will reach the mechanical limitations of any of them so you really can't go wrong. Now as far as which will break first after periods of detonation, that I don't know nor should you be trying to find out.

?? detonation!!!! what you say willis !!!! thats a bad word my mom said never to say again or she would wash my mouth with high octane ;)

I'm running Scat rods in my current engine. I think Scat rods are a slighty better quality than K1. I have used them both rods. Its a toss up between JE and Diamond. JE pistons have a standard dish while Diamonds have a dish with valve reliefs. If I had to do it over again I would build a long rod stroker.

Back