You can type here any text you want

Help with radio conenctions on re-install

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PNYKLR

Howdy all I'm in the process of reinstalling my factory radio on my 94 Suburban.. It has the small cube radio and the cassette deck off to the side...

The cassette deck has a wire with a male connection on it... before I take the dash apart I was wondering where that plugs into as well as where all the connections plug into to make this as easy as possible..

I just moved the truck around the block (alternate side cleaning day) also remembered that the lights for the radio and the heater controls dont light up... maybe that is something disconnected?

My main concern is that the audio installation place gave me back the right radio!!

everything should be a plug and play system. When the dash comes out you should have connectors(female or male) and all you should have to do is plug the correct ones(you can only plug into one) and everything should work out. I hope this helps if not and you can send me pics of what it looks like i can probably figure it out. I have been doing stereos for about 9 years. Harry

You should have three radio parts, the "cube" that installs to the top right of the instrument panel, the long rectangle that installs into the middle of your dash, and the tuner box, silver in color that bolts in behind the dash under the cube part of the radio and above the gas pedal. The wires from both visible parts of your radio plug into the tuner box. The factory harness and antenna in your truck also plug into the tuner box.
You will also need your original middle dash piece (with the two a/c vents), since aftermarket radios use a different but similar looking piece.

Back