You can type here any text you want

Help!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GN GURU

Don't worry honey this one is the last one
Car ran fine I changed spark plug rts44 & put auto lite 23 gapped at 35 and retrofit from r12 to 134 charged the ac system now when I get on the car it breaks out (popping under boost ) any ideas the ac was on maybe that????? Thanks guys

Close the gap to what I've always ran at 35 gap???

i bet your coil pack/module is on its way out

did you try it with the a/c off?

Car was fine till I swap the plugs and fill the ac

How much boost? I ran .024 at 30 psi. Try .030 and see what happens

I'm upset cuz I gotta do the tranny on my other Buick now I'm stuck on this junk lol

I'm ready to js put a set of rts43 in and see what happens

Well, the 23's are a colder plug than the 44 I think. The colder plug may be the reason the spark is blowing out with the same big gap.. Just a theory.

I would close the gap and see what happens. If it don't work you are out 15 minutes. Worth the try IMO.

Bison told me to run ac plugs r42 ts with a .028 gap and it's always worked for me with up to about 26# of boost which is the most I ever ran

Those are awfully cold plugs. Close your gap down to .028 and give it a try.

I use NGK UR4's...no issues gapped at 32. If car ran good before the plug change, probbly pulled a spark plug wire out of the metal connector in the boot.

On cold start up it's fine but 5 to 10 mins in car start to break up when motor warm up???

Bad O2 sensor maybe???? any readings or logs?

Also I know it sounds dumb but verify all the spark plug wire conections are tight and "snapped on" at the plug and coil

Back