You can type here any text you want

Helppppppp!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I have a scanmaster know and its running with no smoke now but still running rough and chec engine is on in the dash i will get the code with the scanmaster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok i have code 23 and 34 wich is air temp sensor low and maf sensor high! Wich one is the air temp sensor?

Air temp sensor is plugged into the intake tube, some short distance right after the air filter, or right in the air filter neck if it's an aftermarket air filter.

If your running a TT chip that sensor doesn't really do much to affect the tune. Just plug it in so it doesn't throw a code.

You threw the codes unplugging the maf for the tests . clear the codes and see if they come back.

rough running can be a number of things. check your egr. its a crummy design to begin with and prone to leaks. also check that the egr diaphragm is working and not stuck. Also check the torque on the intake bolts. especially near the egr. I had several that had loosened up and caused vac leaks that made the car run like crap. Also check that the tps is set right, .38-.44 volts. that can cause poor idle and drivability issues.

When you unplug the orange wire by the battery to clear the codes in the ecm 30 seconds is enough time,unless you want to wait the 5 minutes so you can make coffee take a break or etc.

The car sounds good btw.

Typical causes for this code include:

1) Defective MAT sensor
2) Open sensor ground circuit
3) Dirty or corroded connection(s) at MAT and/or ECM
4) Open circuit between the ECM and the MAT sensor
5) Defective ECM

Last edited:
When you unplug the orange wire by the battery to clear the codes in the ecm 30 seconds is enough time,unless you want to wait the 5 minutes so you can make coffee take a break or etc.

The car sounds good btw.

Typical causes for this code include:

1) Defective MAT sensor
2) Open sensor ground circuit
3) Dirty or corroded connection(s) at MAT and/or ECM
4) Open circuit between the ECM and the MAT sensor
5) Defective ECM
Whats 1-2-3-4-5 ??? All of those are busted?

If i can add something when i cold start the car its freaking rich and smokes like crazy when it warms up it runs fine but the first minutes or two it smokes and stumbles like crazy!

BAT alittle low at 13.2
INT ok at 128
BL rich at 115
CLT good at 170*
ATS good at 71* (the MAT is working if it's reading the temp in the engine compartment)
RPM Ok
TPS Ok
IAC Ok
CC Should be moving when the car is driving
O2 millivolts 860's= rich.
http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/Scantool_Readings.htm
Read up on the MAT and MAF. You may have a funky connection on the ECM or the ECM might be failing. If you can swap it out and another I would give that a try.

Back