You can type here any text you want

Helppppppp!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Rev it to about 2000 rpm and hold it there while it is plugged in and then while still at 2000 rpm unplug it to see it runs smoother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok cool i will do that tomorow first thing in the morning!

It should stay running, I was chasing a similar problem and my car would idle all day with it unplugged. Have you checked your egr valve to make sure it's not clogged or stuck? Also what chip do you have in the car?

I did not check the egr but i have a turbo tweak chip 5.6 for 42 pound injectors

Well here is a video of the car running with no maf let me know what you guys think?

Rev it to about 2000 rpm and hold it there while it is plugged in and then while still at 2000 rpm unplug it to see i
t runs smoother.

I would give that a try and see what it does. Try and clear out the cylinders then unplug it. Also did you notice if it smoked less, more, or the same?

I will try it this morning i will keep you posted!

If the car ran that crappy for any amount of time and it was from over fueling the plugs will be carbon fouled and no matter what you plug or unplug and replace won't matter till the plugs are replaced

I've had plenty of maf sensors go bad and never had smoke issues. Fouling plugs, bad idle sure but no smoke. I wonder if the seals could be bad in the turbo and it's sucking allot of oil???

I've had plenty of maf sensors go bad and never had smoke issues. Fouling plugs, bad idle sure but no smoke. I wonder if the seals could be bad in the turbo and it's sucking allot of oil???
There was a red container next to the exhaust and its all black now can that be to rich?

Maybe but the car had a very noticeable misfire in the video. The compression while he cranked it sounded fine. Air, fuel, spark. Have to fix one thing at a time. Most cars I work on have 10 things wrong with them to start. Coolant temp circuit is worth a check also.

Ok well did the mass air test at 2000rpm and car runs as shitty with the maf unpluged like when its pluged

No i took the plugs out and here they are!
719d9a604d88ce01f6a5a17ecffb148e.jpg

Cylinder number 2
d4928806fb1bb445df496d0f896366a8.jpg

Cylinder number 4
66bc0c360a4ae787eb9a8e79b69252a3.jpg

Cylinder number 1
119eab2c99d319f3ca8d1897da07ff46.jpg

Cylinder number 3
d7d8b01db4afbf8b8542fc9a9cfac066.jpg

Cylinder number 5

Only cylinder number 1-4 are always wer and thats the problem since the biginning i changed coil pack brand new ac delco i changed icm brand new standard changed the plugs changed the wires changed the injector changed the chip changed fuel pressure regulator and set at 43 with no vacum

So what else can it be ?

Its smokes white and it spues fuel out the exhaust??

Replace the plugs and immediately do the same test with the maf unplugged. Like bison mentioned before, with the plugs fouled like they are it wouldn't be an accurate test. Why are the plugs not all the same? Get some NGK yr5 or ur5 plugs in there and try to isolate the problem before they foul out again.

Plug are not all the same cause i was trying to find the problem so i just put 2 good known plugs! I will go get plugs and see if that helps the test with no maf!

While you are out getting plugs. Stop by your friends house and borrow his maf sensor and put it on before starting the car again.

Here is a part most people i think over look when having this type of problem. Read the features and benefits listed for it. Even if it's not the root of the problem it could contribute to it. It's not an expensive part even from ACDelco. Just putting this out here as something for you to consider in the future if you don't do it now.

http://www.autozone.com/engine-mana...ers-7-3-8l-sfi-ohv-turbo/248732_319540_18589/

Here is a part most people i think over look when having this type of problem. Read the features and benefits listed for it. Even if it's not the root of the problem it could contribute to it. It's not an expensive part even from ACDelco. Just putting this out here as something for you to consider in the future if you don't do it now.

http://www.autozone.com/engine-mana...ers-7-3-8l-sfi-ohv-turbo/248732_319540_18589/

The correct Delco part in that application would be better, so the connector on the car doesn't have to be cut off to be replaced by the one AZ sells.

You can read the coolant temp sensor on the Scanmaster. If it is not working right you should see the temps reading way too low and the ECM will be dumping fuel. That happened to a truck I had. Damn thing was drowning. Think the temp signal for the ECM was like -20.

The correct Delco part in that application would be better, so the connector on the car doesn't have to be cut off to be replaced by the one AZ sells.

I believe it comes with a new pigtail and connector to give an option of using a new one with a new sensor instead of the 28 year old wiring/connector from the factory,but is not necessary to use it. All that would need to be done is take the new sensor out to the car and disconnect the connector from the old sensor on the car and see if it plugs into the new one,easy way to find out for sure. If not take it back into the store and get your money back,autozone is good about that.They never give me a problem if i'm not satisfied for any reason.

You can read the coolant temp sensor on the Scanmaster. If it is not working right you should see the temps reading way too low and the ECM will be dumping fuel. That happened to a truck I had. Damn thing was drowning. Think the temp signal for the ECM was like -20.

I don't think he has a scanmaster,yet.

A few years ago my runabout started running as bad as his GN. I had owned it a few years at the time,and i replaced the coolant temp sensor just by a hunch. I really didn't know what was wrong as i didn't have any means or knowledge of how to test anything on this car. But that was the problem and never gave me any trouble since.Knock on wood.

Back