You can type here any text you want

Here we go again

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87gnttop1

So I started my Buick after 8 months from it being at the paint shop battery was dead I get a new battery start the car up it car idled a lil high but strong so I wait till it warms up the rpms go down little by little then it dies I start it up again it revs up and dies my check engine when on I didn't have a chance to check it but any ideas

well if you dont cycle the key back off and the engine light is on then im pretty sure that you can get a obd code reader to scan it....even when the engine dies out.

Its hard to say unless we know what your codes are. I had a problem with my car after I got it back from getting a new paint job also. My check engine light I don't think ever came on, but after a couple of days it came out of it. My battery was also dead when I got the car back. Didn't want to idle right, high then low, hard to start sometimes and just ran kinda doggy. I just thought that since I was running E85 that moisture got in the tank. But like I said, post up some codes that will help.

Otes

codes are 22 and 42

and yes the car only stays on by giving it gas it hesitates a little and then it revs up

Thanks Eli

codes are 22 and 42

and yes the car only stays on by giving it gas it hesitates a little and then it revs up

Thanks Eli

Code 22: THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR (TPS) CIRCUIT (LOW)
Typical causes for this code include:

1) Maladjusted TPS
2) Defective TPS
3) No +5 volt reference to TPS
4) TPS-return to ECM is shorted to ground or to sensor ground
5) Defective ECM

NOTE: The TPS must be adjusted to about 0.42 volts at closed throttle for the ECM to auto-zero properly. If necessary, adjust the TPS to bring the voltage up or down to this value at closed throttle.
If you have a scanmaster you can check your tps. Should be 0.42 closed.

Code 42: C3I ELECTRONIC SPARK TIMING (EST) FAILURE
Typical causes for this code include:

1) BYPASS line is open or grounded
2) EST line is open or grounded
3) PROM or CALPACK not seated properly in the ECM
4) Poor connections between ignition module and ECM
5) Poor routing of EST harness and/or poor quality ignition wires (EMI induced electrical noise)
6) Faulty or incorrect ignition module
7) Faulty ECM

Otes

i changed the plugs ,coil , i had another control module changed that i havent changed the wires yet

I wouldn't start buying parts when there's plenty of stuff to check for free. If you're going to throw money around throw it at a scanmaster.

Back