You can type here any text you want

Hesitation the major FRUSTRATION!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SoloGrip TTA

Good evening Crew!

I just brought my other TTA out of storage (1 year) recently and something very annoying is wrong with it. It seems when I give the car a little pedal from idle, it hesitates (boughs) then picks up. Even when I move the throttle blade by hand, it’s almost like the engine is in delay for a slight second. Here is what I’ve done to try and remedy it:

1. New fuel filter.
2. New IAC valve
3. New waste gate control valve (wanted to do anyway).
4. New waste gate control hoses (wanted to do anyway).
5. Turbo link says the TPS is on the money.
6. New spark plugs.
7. also if it matters the car has 30k on it. :confused:

All in all, the car runs like a banshee, this hesitation (especially when its cold it stalls) is very annoying. Does this have anything to do with minimum air rate adjustment that John Pearcy wrote about on the TTA web site?

Any help is appreciated!

Regards,

MFJ

SoloGrip TTA said:
Good evening Crew!

I just brought my other TTA out of storage (1 year) recently and something very annoying is wrong with it. It seems when I give the car a little pedal from idle, it hesitates (boughs) then picks up. Even when I move the throttle blade by hand, it’s almost like the engine is in delay for a slight second. Here is what I’ve done to try and remedy it:

1. New fuel filter.
2. New IAC valve
3. New waste gate control valve (wanted to do anyway).
4. New waste gate control hoses (wanted to do anyway).
5. Turbo link says the TPS is on the money.
6. New spark plugs.
7. also if it matters the car has 30k on it. :confused:

All in all, the car runs like a banshee, this hesitation (especially when its cold it stalls) is very annoying. Does this have anything to do with minimum air rate adjustment that John Pearcy wrote about on the TTA web site?

Any help is appreciated!

Regards,

MFJ

IAC adjustment could be an issue, but if it was fine before storage I doubt that it would be the problem.

More likely Injectors are sticking...gum..shelac.. what ever you want to call it.
Might want to get them cleaned and back flushed. Had a similar problem with Injectors that were removed, sat on shelf in plastic bag...then re-installed in another vehicle and it did the same thing. I used Can type injector cleaner that attaches to fuel rail...when completed it ran fine.

Just my .03 (inflation)

Joe

Joe Lubrant said:
IAC adjustment could be an issue, but if it was fine before storage I doubt that it would be the problem.

More likely Injectors are sticking...gum..shelac.. what ever you want to call it.
Might want to get them cleaned and back flushed. Had a similar problem with Injectors that were removed, sat on shelf in plastic bag...then re-installed in another vehicle and it did the same thing. I used Can type injector cleaner that attaches to fuel rail...when completed it ran fine.

Just my .03 (inflation)

Joe

Thank you Joe, I will try the fuel rail cleaner this week! Would bad injectors cause the car to want to stall when it's cold,when small amounts of pedel is used?

thnak you,

MFJ

Joe Lubrant said:

Just my .03 (inflation)

Joe

The next best thing to running a cleaner through the fuel rail is to use BG's 44K or Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner, through the gas tank. My TTA had been sitting most of the time for several years and I started with the Techron. The car's performance improved quickly the first 200 miles and ran better and better as I drove the 1400 miles home from California. Xylene through the tank is supposed to help the injectors clean up too.

There is a page on GNTTYPE.org about putting the pressurized can of injector cleaner in the ref/freezer, then hooking it up to the fuel rail to clean the injectors. I've done that too.

lee :)

IAC at idle should be 20'ish no accessories on, car in park warm.

Back