You can type here any text you want

Hey bison i need your help!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

buickGN3:16

looking for a cam & spring choice, no serious mods just stock intercooler front mounted with duttwieler inlets, 2.5" i think, 3" maf with translator, art carr 9.5" 3200 convertor, not sure about turbo size but just a couple sizes over stock from what im told, its precision. The exhaust wheel measured 2.5" but no casting #'s anywhere that i can find besides the a/r .60 but i know what that means, engine internals is all stock as far as i know, havent opened it up yet. it has been 12.30 so far as a best pass @ 111.6mph, would love to see 11.90's after its back together, i deffinately have to stay with flat tappet, dont have the budget for roller, stock throttle body as well, 42.5 lb red armstrong injectors with a 255 fuel pump, hot shot wiring kit & caspers volt booster, planning on a little porting on heads & intake, 342 gears with 275/50 drag radials. Thats my combo, any help will be greatly appreciated

Is there any reason you want to change the stock cam? I've got some good stock replacement springs that will work well up to 5200/25psi with the stock cam. Beyond that I have some higher rate springs that will also offer more seat pressure at the same installed heights. If the cam is ok then you will bet way more with ops heads. I can get the springs, locks, and retainers if needed. The springs come with the height you need to adjust to to had the pressure needed.

i decided not to mess with the cam but i do want some new springs, what do u think about the felpro Q9441pt head gaskets w/ arp head studs.. im afraid of the "seep" everbodys talking about with the cometic gaskets, Are u thinkin 90lb springs for stock cam??

i decided not to mess with the cam but i do want some new springs, what do u think about the felpro Q9441pt head gaskets w/ arp head studs.. im afraid of the "seep" everbodys talking about with the cometic gaskets, Are u thinkin 90lb springs for stock cam??

Comp 980 or. 981's. Valve springs

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The comp 980's are $35 brand new, isnt that a little cheap? & thats from summit racing or jegs, same price! would u be ok with running them on your car @ that cheap price?? Just makes me wonder about quality.

The comp 980's are $35 brand new, isnt that a little cheap? & thats from summit racing or jegs, same price! would u be ok with running them on your car @ that cheap price?? Just makes me wonder about quality.

I run them on my low 11sec we4. No issues at all. Just remember big money don't mean top quality. I run a 204-214.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TurboBuick mobile app

Wow ok well my cam is stock & i think im gonna leave it alone, what did u set your heights at?

Will the stock steel retainers work with the 980 springs or do i need to order retainers as well?

Will the stock steel retainers work with the 980 springs or do i need to order retainers as well?
Yes u can use your locks.
Install at. 1.700" u may need .015 shims cam set at tdc. 0 deg timing set get the edelbrock dbbl roller. And do not reinstall the chain tensioner.

cool thanks, what could i do to make the stock oil pump put out a little more psi? is a stiffer spring or an extra washer to shim it over a hair an 0ption?

cool thanks, what could i do to make the stock oil pump put out a little more psi? is a stiffer spring or an extra washer to shim it over a hair an 0ption?
What is the psi now. Hot & cold

Not sure cold idle hot idle is like 10-12
That's good. U don't want to much.
Install a yellow spring will give u about 3-5 more psi hot. Oil psi should be 2 lbs per cylinder. When hot.
12-16 is perfect.

ok thanks, u any good at determining a turbo size? It has CCE44 marked on the pressure side, its a precision but i couldnt find any info on it, id like to know mm size or cfm rating.

ok thanks, u any good at determining a turbo size? It has CCE44 marked on the pressure side, its a precision but i couldnt find any info on it, id like to know mm size or cfm rating.
Post a pic

buickGN3:16 said:

T04e60 compressor if it hasn't been re-machined. 57mm inducer. Most likely a te44

Not sure cold idle hot idle is like 10-12

That's good. U don't want to much.
Install a yellow spring will give u about 3-5 more psi hot. Oil psi should be 2 lbs per cylinder. When hot.
12-16 is perfect.

You don't want too much is right but a solid 20psi on these cars at idle when hot is not too much; 10-12 is acceptable to some but far from ideal. You need 60-70psi @ WOT hot depending on your operating rpm's. I maxx out at 5200rpm so I'm happy with 60psi @ WOT. FWIW, I run stock replacement 75lb valvesprings from T/A @ 30psi with an Erson 208/208 FT cam with easy ramps. Stock cups, locks, and retainers.

Back