You can type here any text you want

Hey Bruce! (DFI Gen 7+ Info)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Originally posted by quickt
If the customer cant afford new I find an old Batchfire DFI for around $300

Have you got a $300 DFI there?.
For that I'd be willing to give one a try.

Yes I have 2 batchfire units with with jumper harness and calmap cables. Take your pick.

Bruce, I don't know how else to say this, but you are way above average when it comes to this sort of thing. It almost seems like you think everyone has your abilities when the truth of the matter is that WE (yes, I include myself as I have VERY little knowledge of writing code) don't. Systems like FAST and DFI are designed for the masses, and for the masses, they are better because most people can learn how to use them very quickly. Your arrangement will never be viewed by most people as anything other than a hodge-podge of wires and gadgets too complicated to understand. It would truly scare most people away from EFI in a performance vehicle. Rather than try to convince people that it's not that bad, we provide a simpler solution that is arguably (at the very least) just as effective in producing the desired results.

Your point is obvious. You have achieved outstanding results with your setup and you don't understand why someone wouldn't do it your way. The answer is because there are few people who posess your technical prowess in this arena, and even fewer who are willing to spend the time that you have spent to get those results! The old adage of "time is money" is very, very true. Most people simply cannot spend or aren't willing to spend the kind of time that you are to get this task accomplished with the resources you choose to use. That's probably the biggest reason that we are in business today.

Trust me. :D

Back