Hey guys!

Bmwz389

Hey everyone!

This is my first post and I'm hopin to learn alot about boosting over here as it especially pertains to V8's.

Now, I may not have a Buick, but I have an 87 SS Monte Carlo, and she's my baby. Her names Jade haha.

I just bought a 5.7 Vortec 350 (roller with 906 heads), and I'm trying to decide if I want to go the boosted route or the stroker route.

I know a little about turbo's, but not near enough to successfully build a working efficient system lol.

I know that the right fuel pumps, carb setups (blowthru?), intercooling, turbo headers, possibly a BOV (its an auto, so when it shifts I don't let off throttle causing pressure buildup, but I love the sound haha).

I want to sit at around 500 as my base HP, I can be higher than that but that's where I want to sit.

Any insight on helping me get this started the right way guys?

Thanks a bunch!

- Brandon

You might want to start by doing a simple search. You'll find alot of useful info in the V8 conversion forum. :) Those HP goals are very easily attainable, just depends on how you want to get there. You could do a Turbo buick drivetrain swap and easily reach 500 HP at the wheels ;)