High Mileage Regal Gs, Worth Modding???

Im not sure on offset but 2003-2007 cadillac cts had the same 5x115 the buick regals have. The tire sizes are almost identical i believe besides the rims being 1" larger. Stock size is 225/60/16 and these new ones are 225/50/17. I think i should be allset. Worst case scenario they dont fit and i can resell them. $260 for caddy rims with almost all new tires is a steal.

I just did some more quick searching since you got me thinking. On a tire comparison site i compared stock size to the caddy ones and the only real difference is sidewall height. Loses about an 3/4". Width is identical. And besides the rim being an inch larger it should have no issues fitting. Ill post a pic if i get them.

Bought them and already have them installed. They make the car look so much better. Fit without an issue. Sidewall is a little smaller but wheel gap is good. Heres a couple pics. The rims are 2003 cadillac cts 17".

Attachments

• 20140224_134923.jpg
    20140224_134923.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 202
  • 20140224_142124.jpg
    20140224_142124.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 172
  • 20140224_141046.jpg
    20140224_141046.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 180
So its been a bit cold and very snowy i havnt had a chance to do much to the car lately. I did the rims and tires a few days ago. I actually noticed on one side whike swapping the driver side front rim that the sway bar link was snapped. No big deal there cheap enough. Didnt pay attention to the other side, possible its broken as well. The pair on zzp is like $13.

I also ordered some pads and rotors all around since there pretty rusty and quite noticeable through the new rims. Got a good deal on some drilled and slotted rotors and pads off ebay. Lots of mixed reviews but for the price figured id give it s shot. They look nice. Im going to replace them when i replace the front hubs. Get it all done at once if the weather warms up soon.

Still waiting on the title to come in so cant do anything with it yet anyway. Im still thinking about flipping it for a profit. Im into it for a bit more than planned with the wheels and brakes. Just over $1000 into it with the cost of the car, maintanance parts and wheels and brakes. Still not bad at all i think. Its just the longer i have it the more im liking it and want to do stuff to it. I cant get the idea of modding it out of my head but the thought of the tranny failing scares me. I repriced out the cost of the mods id like to do and it comes to around $650 and that includes speed daddy headers, cai im looking to buy from someone or make my own, plugs, wires, tuned pcm, mps, fuel filter and 180 drilled thermostat. Might be more im forgetting. Not a bad price and id do everything myself with help from a buddy. With all that said and done call it $1700 into the car plus or minus if something breaks etc... i still see that as a win for a very good condition 2001 ready to go and modded. How does that sound to you guys? Should i pursue modding or flip it for a nice profit? Any idea what i could ask for it? Book value puts it around $2500 fair to good condition, over $3k excellent, ive seen some on craigslist private party asking over $3k stock, and dealers asking upwards of $4500. Couple options for me here.

my 99 GS had 318K on the clock and was running mid 13's with unopened engine. As the miles went up I just added another degree of timing HEHE.

It ran great and was a hoot. Body finally gave up and had to go.

Last I saw some kid was still beating on it.