You can type here any text you want

high school kids...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

iamjeff

next gen buick enthusiast
the other day i was telling this kid about my GN after he saw i pic of it in one of my books. he asks me how fast i think it'll go, so i tell him mid-low 12, maybe a high 11 if i really turn up the wick. he proceeds to tell me about his 95 chevy truck with its vortech 350 that makes 400+ hp.
me- wow those things made about 285 stock, what have you done to it?
him- no, they made a lot more then that.
me-ok, so what have you done to it?
him- not much...air cleaner and exhaust
me-(trying not to laugh) what do you think it'll run at the track?
him- low 12 to high 11
me- in the 1/8?
him- no, in the 1/4
me- what makes you think it would run that?
him- its run it before...

keep in mind, this is a 5-spd car and he isnt spraying. why do so many high scool kids have to be such morons? i think i will ask him if he can bring in his time slip tommorrow;) . did he just want to look like a moron? or did he just think that he could fool me?

-jeff

Originally posted by iamjeff
the other day i was telling this kid about my GN after he saw i pic of it in one of my books. he asks me how fast i think it'll go, so i tell him mid-low 12, maybe a high 11 if i really turn up the wick. he proceeds to tell me about his 95 chevy truck with its vortech 350 that makes 400+ hp.
me- wow those things made about 285 stock, what have you done to it?
him- no, they made a lot more then that.
me-ok, so what have you done to it?
him- not much...air cleaner and exhaust
me-(trying not to laugh) what do you think it'll run at the track?
him- low 12 to high 11
me- in the 1/8?
him- no, in the 1/4
me- what makes you think it would run that?
him- its run it before...

keep in mind, this is a 5-spd car and he isnt spraying. why do so many high scool kids have to be such morons? i think i will ask him if he can bring in his time slip tommorrow;) . did he just want to look like a moron? or did he just think that he could fool me?

-jeff

hey now not all of them are morons :eek: im in hs lol

Happens to me too all of the time. Seems every kid around here with either an eclipse or civic can easily run 10's with their AEM intake and 9" muffler. When i tell them i run 12.3's they laugh at me.......i know i shouldnt care, but it just irritates me

This is when you say "let's run 'em and just to make it interesting.....", whip out a $100 bill. The phoneys will back down every time. Then you can laugh for a change.

ask him if his girl is over 18 then bet her on the race! you can laugh at him then nail his girl... i say its a win win for you!

Yeah, but it's even WORSE when, rather than telling you how fast their car is, they try to tell you (as if they had a clue) how slow your car is. I actually, years ago, bothered to argue with a guy....
Him: How quick is it?
Me: High 12's right now, my goal is an 11.95, then I'll be happy.
Him: Hahahaha!!
Me: What?
Him: That old thing MIGHT top out at 16's.

I almost punched him. Do these idiots just make up numbers?

Oh believe me i understand living Brooklyn, N.Y. everybody thinks they have a rocketship its so funny, very few ppl know the power of our cars, i was at a local car show that we have every friday in my neighborhood and some stupid kid comes with his girl saying oh how fast is this all that junk , so i tell him at the time i was like low 13's he goes no way i go yes way i said these things out of the box run 13.9 he then says no they dont he goes my car right there (a firebird) runs that right now and i have all these things done to it, well i walked away because he wasn't listening to me and right there i was about to smack him and take his girl from him. just laugh it off but when they dont see you know more because there 3 blocks back its all worth it :D

im in high school. i was thinking about inviting him to the track with some money involved, but my car isnt track ready yet. he is actually one of the more intelligent morons around here, ussually they just give me a funny look.:rolleyes:

-jeff

that is funny, around my little town the high school kids are terrified of the GN's. (It is probably because we outrun even their bullet bikes.) lol

even with this they still don't have a clue of what 1/4 mi time really is, of course all of their civics run 10's. We have G-Techs that we offer to actually tell them what they run. you should see the look on their faces when they run 17's with their 10sec honduhs.

Hey I am still in High School! ... this one kid heard me talking about my Grand National and he said his car ran a low 11... stock dsm...

When I was a junior in HS (2yrs ago), some of the seniors had fast cars. There was a 69Gtx that ran 10.80's and a 80's firebird that ran 10.60's. Race cars only, not even close to being street legal, but still, somebody was fast. My GN stock@ 15.0 was about the 8th fastest car in the school.

Then when I was a senior I had the fastest car or so I thought. My best was a 13.24 @ 112.5. (I know with that mph it shoulda been 11.90's). The convertor was actually a D6- 2.35 60fts.

Well anyway everyone wanted to beat me. They didn't want to race me, just beat the car to say they did. I was alot more low key about what it ran then. Besides my friends everbody knew that it had ran 14.2. Nobody had the balls to say they could beat me to my face, but I knew people talked behind my back. Ricers would talk amongst themselves, not knowing that a friend of mine was in their presence. One day one of the ricers told a really good friend of mine that the new motor in his civic SHOULD put him at high to mid 13's :rolleyes: and that he was gonna roast me. Well my friend (Chris Wh1) told him "You better be packin alot more than mid 13's in the riceburner, cause Ryan's already ran a 13.2, you f***in' retard." He didn't say much after that.

Later when this guy ran his honda it put down a 15.0@92. Wow. Actually there was one car that ran faster than me - a 92 mustang was runnin 12.80's. At least he was a cool guy though.

Sorry to get long winded but I had to get it off my chest.
Ryan

The Ricer mentality is nothing new folks. Back in the early 90's when I was in High School kids were the same way. I knew a guy with a '71 Malibu that claimed 10's with nothing more than an open element air cleaner, glass packs, and air shocks in the rear. There were pleny of other punks with slow cars claming they were running rediculous ET's. One guy had a NA 86 300ZX auto and I hung beat him in a '77 Celica with nothing more than a hacked up air cleaner, bailing wired secondary linkage to make it manual, and a 4 speed out of a truck. (It started as an auto)
Other retards had F150's that were Vette eaters,TBI 305 Z28's that would smoke anything, etc. I think the fastest car at my school was a '92 Mustang LX 5.0, and it was stock.

Gee I wish I was back in HS!..

It is not just HS kids that toss the BS. I have met many guys in 20's 30's 40's & up. that like to guess what there classic car runs.

I am having a spat currently with a guy who is 30 years old & inherited a 1967 4sp 428 or 421 Convertible Bonniville from his dad.
He uses old magazine track tests to get his 1/4 mile times. keeps telling me that tank will run mid 14's.
I say prove it on the strip. He will never take the car to the track
I have offered to pay his entrance fee & gas to have him race me.

DORKS come in all ages ;)

other then me, there are several camaro/TAs, one kid has a lt1 car with a supercharger, but he didnt tell me what it ran. there are a couple 5.0s and way too many rice rockets.one kid asked me why i wasnt interested in import cars like i was an idiot, i looked at him and told him that i wasnt really into going slow. i will be inviting several people to the track...

-jeff

well get this guys...

i coach highschool track so i get to deal with kids that think they have fast cars and can beat their coach in a 100m race!

well this one kid asked me how fast my car was i told him fast enuff to get me in more trouble then i cared for on the street.

he then tells me that he (read father) has a 300z with this and that done to it. i ask him how fast it is he tells me some cock and bull story about doing over a 160 mph in it. i replied wow, but how long did it take you to get going that fast? he said he did not know. about that time an other kid came up to talk to me after practice and said his (it was his) 71 elcamino was a the fastest car in the school i just looked at him and smiled and did not reply.

well 2 weeks later i was at the local track with a bunch of other GNs and they happened to be there. well since GNs are all black and since they did not look at my plate when i was running they had no idea how fast i was running that night...

the next monday i show up for practice they are all talking about my GN running mid 10s! ( it was a single turbo stage I car running that) it was great.. no one ever doubted my car after that!

Dathan

at the local track with a bunch of other GNs and they happened to be there. well since GNs are all black and since they did not look at my plate when i was running they had no idea how fast i was running that night...

Same thing with me, but middle school kids. All of them thing ricers with NAWWSS are the fastest cars on the road. They wanted to know how fast my car was one day in school so I showed them the video of Chris Chow's car running a low 8. :D They couldn't tell the difference, and it was hillarious!

:cool:

High school kids don't have exclusive rights to being jerks! When my son turned 16 my wife and I bought him a Talon a.w.d. The kid was working at K mart and putting his money in the car. We went out crusing in it one night a guy in his 30's walked up to my son and told him" I don't know why you kids waste your money on these things,why don't you do what I did a buy a Fast car" I felt so bad for my son I could have cried!Well 2 months later we took the Talon to the track and guess what this same guy lined up next to the Talon in his Mustang Cobra. The end result was the Cobra ran a 13.64 against my son's 12.50 You should have seen the grin on my son's face PRICELESS. He still has a picture of them staging hanging up!

thats awsome randy. i bet that guy felt like an idiot. what kind of a creep speeks like that to a 16 year old kid.

-jeff

Back