High speed fan problem

PJracing

Blower motor works on all settings but high. Tried a new fan relay but no luck. Anyone have any suggestions?

Assuming you are refering to the blower fan for the heater/air conditioner, check the connecter in the back part of the engine compartment on the passenger side of the car. The two heavy red wires for the high speed fan come together at this connecter and melt the connecter, causing the blower fan not to work on high. The best solution is to connect the two red wires with a butt connecter to prevent future failures.

I'm having the same problem......replaced the relay but still no high fan.......I'm still looking for the 2 big red wires too.........If anyone has encountered this problem before please let us know what to do to fix it.....its getting mighty hot here in Oklahoma :eek:

Thanks guys!

WOODY

Hey Woody, if you happen to figure it out before I do PLEASE let me know! Thanks Paul

The wires and connector are buried over in the fender area with the power antenna wiring.

These cars are great and so are the people that help you! Thanks to all that replied. I found the red wire and was able to repair my high speed fan.

Thanks again,
Paul