You can type here any text you want

Higher HP cars with TH400

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Norbs,

Why?

GV unit is around $2700 and adds a lot of weight. You need a new driveshaft as well.

I doubt your going to get anybody to give up this info. At the power level that turbo can make, it's in the edge of benefiting from a 2.10 first gear. I was building a spare trans with a TCI 2.10 gearset, but returned the gearset due to various issues. I'm going to start with the stock set and try a quality 2.10 gear set if it looks like I can benefit from it. Like if I end up having to pull a lot of power to make the car leave or if it's too violent off the line.

The lower first gear of a 2.10 gear set will make getting the correct converter more critical.

A 1.95 set is more for a nitrous promod that makes tremendous torque at the hit. I would try a 1.80 glide before I would try a 1.95 th400.

Mike

Why did you return the TCI 2.10 gear set? The earlier ones had 4 planetaries and the later ones have 6.

The straight cut gears run over $2k.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

The set I had would bind in a certain position. I think the forward ring gear was out of round. I went back and forth sending parts to TCI and they told me it was fine. I got tired of the back and forth shipping so I just returned it.

Back