You can type here any text you want

Highway fun run w/ a SRT-4...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Darkside

Heavy Metal Thunder
After a long 100 degree day today, the temps finally got below 90 around 7:30 tonight, so I decided top take the car for a quick ride...
I was getting close to the highway when I see a silver Neon srt-4 w/ a black hood getting ready to pull out of a local gas station & I'm ony hoping he'll come my way...
I am taking my time merging onto the highway as I can see he's stuck behind a slow car & trying to make his way onto the highway also...Well, as soon as he gets room enough to pass the slower car he hammers it & I thought he was just going to do a fly by, but he slowed just as he was passing me & was looking for me to come beside him...
I was more than happy to oblige...
He's about a 1/2 car length ahead of me now & holding....I'm running around 60-65 mph in 3rd gear(Drive) & just as I start to get right beside him he gets on it...I guess he was a good car length ahead of me when I hit it.... he hung for a second before I walked on past & then just proceeded to put several lengths between us in a hurry... Just before the freeway split I slowed to move over & he caught up... we both gave a wave & hopefully he learned a little more about the power of the Darkside...:cool:
I was actually kinda surprised that he hung for second, but then again I've heard they run great from a roll...especially from a 60 plus mph one!!! From the sound of his car I believe it had a aftermarket exhaust sytem & probably some other mods....not a bad running little car really...;)

The Darkside

yep, those don't run too bad at all... its a car i'd love to have for a DD or something. nice kill dude.

I was actually kinda surprised that he hung for second, but then again I've heard they run great from a roll...especially from a 60 plus mph one!!!
The Darkside

MMM Probably that extra 1000 lbs you had on him to get moving I bet :biggrin:

My Stock turbo car has destroyed those from a roll.

MMM Probably that extra 1000 lbs you had on him to get moving I bet :biggrin:

My Stock turbo car has destroyed those from a roll.

If you "destroyed" them then they were fairly stock. They are fast little suckers especially from a roll. I had one with minor bolt ons that trapped 116 mph, would light the stock tires up in third, and would bury the speedo past 160 with ease.

Slick if you look at the OP's sig I'd say even a modded one didn't have a chance even though it's a 2900lb car.

I do agree he was a pretty "fast little sucker"....lol & one that I believe would have destroyed a stock GN under the same circumstances...He definetly wasn't stock & now that I think about it maybe that sound I heard right before he punched it wasn't a blow off valve, but a nos prime....whatever he had, it wasn't near enough....:cool:

Damn man, what does your car run then? Id hate to run into that lil 4 banger if i didnt have my 70GTQ set on kill....

BW

No track times yet as I still have a couple of minor tuning issues I need to resolve before I turn up the boost...That night I was running around 21 lbs. of boost, but I believe the 70 GTQ bb still has a little more in it....;)

I've seen those little things running deep into the 11's at a local track. Don't like them, but they are pretty quick and can be made REALLY quick.

i ran into one on the highway when i was set @ 15psi and he got the jump on me and we locked at him holding me at a 1.5 didstance and we ran for a damn good long way.

BTW my car runs 7.80's @ 90-91 mph @15psi of boost with street tires in the 1/8 mile.

my buddy runs a hotrod shop and works on those cars alot and they can really make good hp with very little.

No doubt, but I was refering to bsdlinux doing it in a stock turbo GN

Well the car I'm talking about is White. White-Ts seem to work real well with the stock turbo...LOL anyways I also run E-85. Maybe you should ride in an E-85 car if you haven't. :D

Some kid around claiming a low 12 second one. I ran him from a roll around 60 or so with him having the jump( he saw me turning onto the road ) and it was over for him pretty quick.

My car has to be close to high 11s like it sits. I've pulled a C6 pretty hard from a roll too. My car never ran this good with 93 + propane. E-85 made a huge difference in this car.

Back