HO Scale Electric Trains

FastRegalWE2

Wish I had another Buick!
I was wondering if anyone else here messed with toy elec trains? In the process of moving and going through my Fathers things from his house after he passed away last year, I found 4 large platic totes of HO scale train stuff. There must be 75 cars there, thers 4 locomotives, buildings, mostly still unbuilt. My Dad was a train nut ever since he was a kid and he used to show me places in ST Louis where you could still see the old street car rails under the pavement. Hell, I even found a couple of tokens for the STL metro train from the 1950's in "jewelry" box. He also had a huge scrapbook from when he was a kid just filled with train articles dating back to the 1920's. My Grandfather is a train nut also so I know where it comes from. My G-pa is a retired tool and die maker, he hand made one of those smaller scale steam powered trains that people can sit on and ride on his machines in his basement. He still has it but at 85 years old its a little too much for him to move around and take out across town to run.
Anyway, was wondering if there are still people that mess with these trains. I set up parts of my Dads and have been playing with it off and on inbetween moving boxes and unpacking.

I set up my Ho trains under the tree every Christmas. Wev'e been doing this since I can remeber. It's been a family tradition passed on for several generations on my father's side. My uncle sets up the Ho trains around his tree every year and they look phenomenal. Every time I pull them down from the attic, the musty smell of the boxes hold memories that take me back to my childhood. Take good care of them and keep them in the family. Tha's all I can say.

I have bunch of HO trains for years but they're in boxes now. Grew up with American Flyer (S gauge) and now have the bug to get into Lionel or MTH (O gauge). They are a lot of fun and a great hobby to get kids into...including, of course, turbo Buicks! :)

I have a pretty big Ho layout that I work on during the winter months, lots of details, all the trackwork has been tacked down and ballasted, along with all the scenery, landscaping and trees.

I built a small set for my son for Xmas. If your dad had good quality trains you can sellem on ebay. Lots of train nuts out there.