You can type here any text you want

Holes in rear end?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I pulled my rear end out my car to clean and paint it as well as install some new parts. After taking the wire brush to it, I noticed some little holes starting to happen at the what looks to be the plugs of where they welded the axles tubes to the carrier. Is this normal? And do I have to re-seal them? Looks like really thin metal there.

Thanks Brandon!

its fine just ****ty factory welds, clean it up and use a good sealing paint it will be fine for a street car. If your looking to go 9's have the tubes pinned or use hr bar with brackets welded to the tubes. some weld them(tubes to center) but cast to rolled steel is a no no in the real world of welding.

its fine just sh!tty factory welds, clean it up and use a good sealing paint it will be fine for a street car. If your looking to go 9's have the tubes pinned or use hr bar with brackets welded to the tubes. some weld them(tubes to center) but cast to rolled steel is a no no in the real world of welding.

Tell that to the guys that run dirt cars and off road vehicles.:biggrin: The housing and tubes can be welded together if you take your time and use a high nickle rod. You just need to use a torch to heat it up before you do it.:) We do this all the time and it works well but you need to have an exerienced welder do it.:biggrin:

Should I be ok to put JB weld over the holes and paint it or would it be better to leave it. I have an HnR bar to go on as well but no 9 second time slips will ever come out of this car. :p

Thanks Brandon

Back