You can type here any text you want

Holy Crap!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trading t/a

I'm Angry!!!!!
Holy crap! There goes my downpipe is stifling the turbo theory! I put on my electric cutout today(real fun). I am set to run 18psi on the street on 94. I get almost no knock at these levels. I figured it couldn't be much more with the cutout open! Boy was I wronger than two little boys screwing!

I opened the cutout at 45mph or so on the highway. I proceeded to do a quick blast. Bam 28 psi. Good news is I let out before I got some serious knock. I got 2.4* and let off quick. The tires started to go a little silly(first time it's broken traction at those speeds). Now I know I have barely enough injector for 20 psi on Xylene I know at 28 psi it would go boom.

I am happier than a fag in a barrel of pickles! Cant wait till the track opens now. It's gonnabe fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by trading t/a

I am happier than a fag in a barrel of pickles! Cant wait till the track opens now. It's gonnabe fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote of the month :eek: :eek: :eek:

hehe

Trading, Where did you get your electric cut out. also, will it fit on a stock downpipe (assuming it goes on the downpipe). Also, how long did it take you to install it... Thanx Turbota.

I got it from quicktime performance. It took me about 35 minutes to get it mounted and about an hour and a half to get all the wires hidden and tucked away and the hole drill in the panel (where the fog light buttons are) for the switch.

At this time I wouldn't reccomend them to anyone un less they help me fix it. The butterfly is like 1/16 in. thick and it bends like overcooked spaghetti. All the other parts are cnc machined blocks of aluminum(why they went cheap on the door is beyond me).

It's a great product just needs a little help to be perfect. I think I'm gonna have someone cut me a new 1/4in. thick butterfly to repalce the flimsy crap on there. The housing has stops machined in it(not in the switch like it should be) so when the butterfly reaches it's max and you hold the switch for 1/2 second too long it bends the butterfly. There is another co. that makes them. I don't know if they experience the same problems. Razor has an e-cutout I believe you may wanna send him a pm to see which one he has.

Pete.....Glad to see you got the boost problem figured out...Did you get the spooling issue figured out yet???That car should really run now..I am almost finished getting mine back together,{Blown Headgasket}.Maybe we can get together,And take a spin down to atco,They are still open.And {hopefully}get thrown out together for the no roll bar thing;) .I may have to have the tranny freshened up first.If you still have my # give me a shout sometime and maybe we can set something up for atco...C-Ya..Shawn

Sure yeah that'd be cool. I'm still waiting on the Extender to get back to me.wife got me msd 50's and an electric cutout for Xmas. Gotta get the 50's in next week if the chip comes. Worked out the boost problem with the spool fueling control on the extender. It was running way to rich so I couldn't get boost on the line. Before I sent it back I played with it a bit and got 3-5 psi on the line without the ebrake. With some Xylene and my 50's 11's will be mine. I'm all for getting thrown off the track(hehe).

I'll give you a call in a couple of weeks once I get the tune back together and we'll shoot down there.

Pete

Ahh theres three companies that sell the cutout..I got the one from one of the vendors here..it was 179.00 and built tough..no bending anything,no leaks,etc..

turbota, it is designed to fit a cat bypass pipe with cutout on it..so will it fit your stock downpipe..not without a lot of modding.

HTH

"Trading, and Razor" Thanx for the info. I had not planned to "play" with my old beat up TTA when I got it, however, I still like to go fast soooo what the hell! Razor, did you buy your cat by-pass pipe or make it? If you bought it, will you let me know who you got it from, and where you got your E-cutout. P.S do you guys get to the Ames / Pontiac nationals at Norwalk (Ohio) If so Let me know. I think we could have some good old fashioned American fun there, showing the GTO guys that our little six cylinder cars are something to be recokened with. Even if they are "Buick" powered. Thanx again for the info. Turbota. (car #70)

Back