You can type here any text you want

Holy Injectors,Batman!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I see you're going to be spraying all 12 injectors at WOT but only be running on 6 during street driving. Are you going to have the computer provide the decrease in injector pulse width when the second set is turned on?

The way I have my system set up is I'm actually running on 87 octane up until 13lb's of boost. After that the second set of injectors turns on and the first set turns off. The second set uses 116 octane fuel for high boost race/street driving. You could use small injectors for street driving on 93 octane and then under boost switch to 160lb injectors. That way you don't have to put race gas in both tanks. I have talked to someone that says doing it that way is possible with aftermarket fuel management. I may end up with different size injectors in mine before long to see how that works.

Here's the whole story on how I have mine operating. Click here

I see you're going to be spraying all 12 injectors at WOT but only be running on 6 during street driving. Are you going to have the computer provide the decrease in injector pulse width when the second set is turned on?

Actually, Turbo1dr, I have read about your work before - on that "other" board I think- It gave me some ideas for my own fuel system. Nice work and good thinking outside the box! Obviously, I appreciate that kind of stuff.

My engine management is the Electromotive TEC3r , and has provision for running staged injectors. At the transition point (designated by selectable boost+rpm values), the secondary injectors will start to operate and at the same time the primaries will have their pulse width reduced by a value and curve that can be programmed. Properly set up, this gives a smooth transition that will effectively give me 85-lb'ers up to that point, 170s after. I can't imagine the hit produced by this and when the TB's progressive secondary slams open :eek:

Another issue I've considered ( and think I've solved) is maintaining fuel pressure and keeeping air purged in the secondary fuel rails prior to their "on" point. Also, my Aeromotive pumps are not designed to run continuously at full voltage and low bypass rates. This is addressed by running both pumps continuously but at reduced voltage until full speed is needed, then ramping voltage up as demand increases. The E-motive ECU is also capable of outputting programmable PWM signals that will be used to control pump speed through some hefty power transistor drivers.

The computer/electronics stuff is my main fun with cars - I tolerate the gross mechanical stuff like engine building just to get to that point.

Electromotive TEC3r. I'm running that too. We're a minority in the land of FAST.

As long as you have the fuel bypassing in all your fuel rails, you shouldn't have a problem with air. I would not have the fuel dead head in any of the rails. On the other hand, I suppose you could have the fuel dead head on your primary rails.

Yeah, air probably isn't a problem, but the Aeromotive regulators tend to bleed down when not being supplied fuel pressure. I want to make sure that full fuel pressure will be there on the secondaries witout delay when required. Dead head on a bypass regulated system should not be a problem, IMO ... My theory behind pump speed control arises from the above and from Aeromotive's instructions to reduce voltage for continuous low load use. I'm using their 11104 Eliminator pumps.

This car will see duty on the road course (probably at something less than full boost),also street, so needs some endurance capability.

Back