You can type here any text you want

Homemade cold-air system

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I have a tip Dan....just buy one. For the price of that kit you cant go wrong....just ask Frank.

Ya, but I think I could make my own with some help. I already have the MAF pipe, so I just need the bend from the MAF sensor forward to thru the light cutout, then bend down. Already have the cone filter. Just need some nice pipes, hoses & clamps.

...okay so I'm being cheap :p

The results will greatly help my performance. I'm way hot under the hood compared to Frank's cold air.

I chose to make my own, instead of buying Mark Hueffman's kit (BuickGN Boosted). I will second billsgn advice. By the time all the parts were shipped and I assembled my system, it costed me more than Mark's kit . So, do yourself a favor and just order Mark's kit.

I can help you if you want. Just need a 3" mandrel Jbend from Jim Greens or someone and 2 couplers. Of course it won't be chromed so if that's a concern. You could buy a stainless Jbend and polish it, but the polished aluminum and polished stainless have a slightly different tint. Just let me Know. I might be able to just sell you my setup as it sits. I'm gonna do some re-work this winter.

ADUM

It took me awhile to find 3" mandrel bent aluminum for my setup. I found it at a place that makes and installs material handling piping ie: hopper cars and trailer and factory vacuum setups. The 90* piece cost about $40 but they screwed up the billing and I never got charged:)

Dan, which MAF are you using? I got all my hoses from Ramchargers, but it just matters what color you want 'cause the ones they have are blue.

1-You'll need an adapter to go from your MAF-3" pipe (if your MAF is 3" then just 3" straight)

2-You'll need another 3" straight hose

3-Your K&N

4-A 3" mandrell U-bend (if you want polished get stainless if painted is OK just get a mild steel one)

5-2 3/4" ice cubes

6-A 9 iron

7-A buffalo live or stuffed (preferably stuffed fo safety's sake)

That should be it.

ADUM

Okay I can pull together 1-6, but I'm screwed on #7. Adam, you're way too demanding, so I gave up and simply bought a used cold air kit instead :D

Back