Homestead Miami Speedway 1/8 mile drag racing Grand Opening Event Friday June 26th.

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
Heard about this from somebody involved in promoting this event and figured I'd pass it along.

They are usually open every Friday between 6:00 PM-12:00 PM and this event will also be 6-12 PM but they will also be having a free BBQ between 6-8 PM and it should be pretty cool because they do it "Pinks arm drop style" but they will have a hot chick instead of the Pinks Guy. This is of course intended for real street legal cars ONLY with DOT approved tires (no slicks) and the one lane is paved and the other is concrete. It's normally $20 to race and $10 to spectate, but for this Grand Opening event I believe it is half price.

They had 83 cars show up a few weeks back so it sounds like they should have a decent turnout for this event.:smile:

Did they build a track or are they doing this on the pit straight? I was there in March and didn't see an 8th mile track, unless they were doing it in one of those big lots to the south of the speedway.

Cool news either way. They are trying to do something like that here at Texas Motor Speedway. We would have to run in the "tuner" bracket with other 3,4,and 6 cylinder cars...or a wash as I call it.:biggrin:

Here is a video to give you an idea~

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-K9A_KW9Og&feature=channel_page[/YOUTUBE]

Did they build a track or are they doing this on the pit straight? I was there in March and didn't see an 8th mile track, unless they were doing it in one of those big lots to the south of the speedway.

Cool news either way. They are trying to do something like that here at Texas Motor Speedway. We would have to run in the "tuner" bracket with other 3,4,and 6 cylinder cars...or a wash as I call it.:biggrin:

It's on the pit straight. Based on the attendance they see from this event and others Homestead is considering building a 1/4 Drag Strip, but in the meantime this is something for everyone with a street car that wants to have a little fun without having to worry about the "Law".

Okay just heard it is half price to get in and spectate or race only between 6-8 PM (the first two hours) when they are having the BBQ.

Nice video Andy!:cool:

Careful in that parking spot, that's where I park my transporter.

Attachments

• 02-09-09_0931.jpg
    02-09-09_0931.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,246