You can type here any text you want

Hood liner removal/install?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Little6pack

OK here is a stupid question I hate to ask.
It is not everyday you remove the hood liner & install a new one.

Is there a trick to pulling the plastic tabs so they don't get ruined on the reinstall?

I just bought new plactic plugs. Take one to a parts store. Replace the ones you manage to break.

You can also use one of those cheap tools that you would use to remove your door trim panels. Looks like a pickle fork made from stamped steel. Insulator clips=about $10,cheap tool=under$5.

I udes a pair of wire cutters to cut the plastic clips and installed new clips with an almost new liner. Clips are pretty cheap from GM.

I use 90 degree needle nose pliers to lever the clips out. The clips are really only designed for 1 use and most clips are usually looser on a re-install.

I found that Ace Hardware has black plastic hood insulator retainers that are the same large size as are used on the GN in their hardware section. They are about $.30 each.

Thanks Guys, ACE here I come & yes I have those weird door handle pullers from about 1976.. That should work.
I don't want to ruin the current liner because it can still be used.

Back