Hood mounted fuel gage

PaulRV6

Is the aeroquip socketless hose/fittings appropriate to use for this? The socketless fittings won't leak at this pressure? Thanks

paul

Years ago it was a fad to have a fuel rail mounted gauge. After a few times to remove and replace it, the seal could be troublesome, so I stopped using them as many would develop a small leak.

My concern with fuel pressure is at WOT which I check with a long hose and gauge, and remove it after the test.

Most engine fires are caused by fuel leaks, and I want to minimize any chance of that happening?

Here is the result of a customer's car that had a fuel leak at the rail:

6.jpg

Wow that makes me wanna get a inside gauge

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Nick in your opinion what is the most reasonable electronic fuel pressure gauge out there and do they come with senders?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'll follow along..... I'm still back and fourth about a fuel gauge. I know I need to monitor pressure but the whole fire while driving is no joke. Electronic may be my choice now too

I like my hood mounted gauge from TR customs. Came complete with braided hose etc.

I bought the Autometer brand fuel pressure sending unit from Summit (2246) and the harness (5227) and log it with the powerlogger.

I wanted to get away from the steel braid because it is so stiff so that is why I was looking at the aeroquip nylon braided stuff. I agree about the fire aspect but I also believe you need to use the appropriate fittings and check regularly. Maybe I should look at different type fittings? I still like a hood mounted gage. Thanks

paul

I just installed the sending unit from Alky Control & hooked it up to the PL. It showed me my fuel pressure was off on the Marshall mechanical gauge (mounted on the rail) by about 5 pounds. I now have the transducer and the mechanical gauge mounted to the rail & can still add a hood mounted to gauge if necessary. All the fittings have to be very tight & double checked