Hooker Headers???

Godzilla

I was wondering about these Hooker Headers.They came with my car when my car was stock.I got them taken off and then I got the list of Mods done in my Sig.Are these any good on the street or are they just for the Race track?? or are the factory manifolds just better when driving on the street??

I used to have Hooker headers on my old GN. Ran 10.70s with them. No complaints as far as street driving. Didn't like the design of the pipe that the turbine housing bolts to, though. Had a tendency to work itself loose over time. I had to add a support bracket to keep things in their place. At the time I was running a Q trim, 4 bolt T-70. It was a bit on the heavy side.

I took them off because I thought it made my car feel sluggish on the street with the stock turbo.I will probably never go bigger then a 61 Turbo unless I have alot of money to race and break things in the engine.Im probably going to max out the TE-44 and see how i like it when i get a converter,TT Chip,60 lb injectors.Also the adding of Alky injection.I should probably sell them.There in decent shape.

Those headers are no good on the street. They have too large of a volume. The O2 sensor will actually cool down if you idle too long. Spool up on your turbo will be slow. The stockers are the way to go.

Been there done that... my T had a set already installed when I bought it (high 12's stock turbo "recipe" car at the time) & was pretty darn laggy just rolling into the gas off the line. The design of the Hooker headers just flat out promotes turbo lag particularly on a mild-ish street combo.

Godzilla, get the mods you talked about ie: chip, injectors, converter, and alky with your te 44 and the car will feel like it lost 1500lbs. And sell the headers. tuned properly and it will be an easy low 12 second car with 11s not far behind.