Hooking Amp wire to battery

Renthorin

Lone Wolf
I am putting an amp in the trunk and want to run the POS wire directly from the battery. I bought an in-line fuse holder to go between the battery and the POS wire that will run to the trunk.

What is the best way to connect the wire from the fuse holder to the POS battery post?

1) smash the strands under the post when I tighten it down?
2) put an aligator clip on the end and clip it to the post?

Does anyone make an adapter that hooks to the battery and then the wire to the adapter?

Then do I put the ring terminal on the bolt between the connector and the battery?

My fuse will be 4 inches from the battery post.

The amp has a 30amp fuse. Should I use the same in the fuse by the battery?

The amp has a 30amp fuse. Should I use the same in the fuse by the battery?
Technically it takes current to move current. But since most amp's fuses are set for absolute max ratings you would probably be fine using a 30A fuse by the battery. Should also be using at least 10g wire. Could be a larger gauge but should not be smaller.

Then do I put the ring terminal on the bolt between the connector and the battery?
You can smash the terminal ring in there. But the better way is to get a special post made for side post mount batteries which has a stud and nut made just for the amp power wire(s).

Gm battery post

Or,you could get a Gm battery hookup O-ring connector at any reputable car stereo shop for about 25 cents.It is big enough to hook up your power wire without any battery post mods.

I got an adapter that replaces the bolt in the positive battery connector. It screws in and holds the pos wire to the battery. There is a nut and threaded portion on the other end and that is where my amp now attaches.

Looks nice (gold plated....24 carrot I am sure....)

thanks for all the help and suggestions.

the best thing to do in this situation would be go to your local walmart and get a little scoshe efx post cap. there not but 8$ they got three distributution ports on them, one for starter, accesssories, ond one for you amp that allows for use down to 0 ga. wiring. i am running one and have never had a power prob.put on the negative also just cuz' they look cool too.(gold plated)