You can type here any text you want

Hoosier drag radials are awesome !

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RegalX2

275 60 15's. Wow, they are a soft, soft compound with a flimsy sidewall much like a slick. Slightly wider footprint. Less weight than a MT radial as well. On my GTO, 60ft. improved .015 over MT radial, cant wait to try them on the Buick next week.

actually got caught out in the rain on the hoosiers and was completley surprised how good they were,and no i didn't get into boost:smile:

actually got caught out in the rain on the hoosiers and was completley surprised how good they were,and no i didn't get into boost:smile:

Or drive over standing water or you would have been in the woods.

were you running the m/t et streets or the street legal radials?

I wonder how good they are using a Trans Brake. My Hoosier Slicks are just about had it. And I am debating on which to buy....HELP....:frown:

wile87, they were MT ET street radials same size. I have tried MT ET street bias ply as well, they worked oK for awhile then turned to ****, for me anyway.
BTW, they are both "street legal"

I wonder how good they are using a Trans Brake. My Hoosier Slicks are just about had it. And I am debating on which to buy....HELP....:frown:

Mine work great of the t-brake. It seems like the harder I hit these tires the better they work. So far I've got a best of a 1.49. Hopefully that will improve this weekend.

Mine work great of the t-brake. It seems like the harder I hit these tires the better they work. So far I've got a best of a 1.49. Hopefully that will improve this weekend.

Cool..I guess I will give them a try. But they are more pricy than Slicks, but atleast I can drive them on the street..:biggrin:

Track results w/ new Hoosier radial 275- 60

Fri nite ran best time of the year on a nite that was 45 deg out. Most other cars were struggling on the cold 1/8th mile track.
Best pass street trim: 1.56 60ft, 6.47 @ 110, then opened dump pipe ran 1.52 60 ft, 6.37 @111. In the 5 yrs running this combo, car has only hit the 6.30's 2 times ever, and that was with fresh MT 28 X10.5 drag slicks. To do this on a marginal track with DOT tires to me is fantastic.
Earlier this year ran 6.65 ET w/ 1.62 60 ft. on MT radials same size but tires were about 1/2 worn out.
Best prior ET with MT bias ply ET streets 28 X 12.5 15's was 1.55 60 ft- 6.59 ET

then opened dump pipe ran 1.52 60 ft, 6.37 @111

What type of exhaust do you have? Just curious, I've been debating leaving mine closed.

3 1/2 THDP hooked to a 3" ATR Single shot, (loud), stock headers.
Went back next day, sunny, cool, primo track prep, open pipe 1.48 60ft., 6.28 @111. In the past, the open pipe has helped .1-.2 and 1-2 mph, dont know about 1/4 mile

Back