You can type here any text you want

Hot weather starting/stalling

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WARBIRD89

Faster and Faster untill
I seem to have a problem with hot weather starting, after the car warms up and outside temperature goes about 80 degrees Fahrenheit, I have a severe problem when coming off the gas with stalling out, and then is nearly impossible to restart, the car acts like is flooding, it takes about two minutes of on and off starter action to restart the vehicle, and as soon as you go for a drive and let off the gas it stalls out, the odd thing is that when temperature is below 70, the car drives perfectly fine. I had even turn my idol up to over 2000, and the stalling still occurs at hot temperatures. The car also seems to run over 200 degrees even with both fans on.

WARBIRD89 said:
I seem to have a problem with hot weather starting, after the car warms up and outside temperature goes about 80 degrees Fahrenheit, I have a severe problem when coming off the gas with stalling out, and then is nearly impossible to restart, the car acts like is flooding, it takes about two minutes of on and off starter action to restart the vehicle, and as soon as you go for a drive and let off the gas it stalls out, the odd thing is that when temperature is below 70, the car drives perfectly fine. I had even turn my idol up to over 2000, and the stalling still occurs at hot temperatures. The car also seems to run over 200 degrees even with both fans on.

Idle is controlled by the chip, your stalling issues more than likely are due to an improperly set IAC, TPS, or other sensor.

It running over 200 degree's.. time for a new radiator, thermostat, and/or water pump.

Get a scanmaster and set your sensors. At the very least start there.

This is not a 68 Nova with a 327. Its a fuel injected car that needs a computer. Bad sensors, or mis-adjusted ones.. will make the car run like ****

HTH

Back